The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Just applied for accommodation and gone for full board! Going to be studying Bio Medical Sciences sooo excited!!! :smile:
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Original post by Na-dia
I have received an accommodation pack but as I am an international postgraduate student I would need to study September 2012- October 2013 and Summer months are also not holidays. However in the accommodation pack there are only September-July options which obviously do not suit me. Does it mean that I have to live in private accommodation? =\

The accommodation office normally have some properties to let over the summer months on campus. I would contact the accommodation team to find out - 01244 513000 or [email protected]
Reply 222
Original post by University of Chester
The accommodation office normally have some properties to let over the summer months on campus. I would contact the accommodation team to find out - 01244 513000 or [email protected]

I have already contacted the university, thank you. I have been told that they have some summer accommodation offers as well so I will be applying for uni accommodation :smile: Do I pay the deposit after I apply or after I receive the accommodation?
Reply 223
Original post by Na-dia
I have already contacted the university, thank you. I have been told that they have some summer accommodation offers as well so I will be applying for uni accommodation :smile: Do I pay the deposit after I apply or after I receive the accommodation?

I haven't a clue, again it'd be a case of checking with the uni.
Reply 224
Original post by HanR
Just applied for accommodation and gone for full board! Going to be studying Bio Medical Sciences sooo excited!!! :smile:

Am also got a conditional offer for biomedical sciences and got my needed grades so excited 2 start do u or do u no any1 who nos bout wot sort of hours we will be in lessons ect?
Reply 225
Any biomedical science students no wot hours we will be doing in September?
Original post by Na-dia

Hi, when you apply for accommodation and get an offer of a house from us, then you will be asked to pay a £250 deposit to secure it.
Reply 227
Hi, when you apply for accommodation and get an offer of a house from us, then you will be asked to pay a £250 deposit to secure it.

How long does it usually take a university to make a decision on what house I will be offered?
Hi, I'm an adult learner starting in September, going to be studying Education Studies and English Language. I already know a few people that are doing Education Studies as we did the same Access course this year. Can't wait to get stuck into uni life :smile:
Reply 229
I've put Chester as my firm to read Law (LLB).
I'm predicted AAB however all shall be made clear on results day. I chose Chester as, out of all my choices, it seemed to be the most fitting, not to forget Chester, the city itself, is a legal centre.

Anyway! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and living the student life (oh god). See you there!
Reply 230
Does anyone else live local, Halton direction? Also how do I go about getting involved with netball? x
Reply 231
Original post by Clairejm
Does anyone else live local, Halton direction? Also how do I go about getting involved with netball? x

On the Friday of Fresher's Week all the societies and sports clubs are in the main Sports Hall to get you to come to taster sessions which are run that weekend and throughout the second week
Original post by Clairejm

Also, check out the Chester SU page- you can get to it through chester.ac.uk and there ought to be a Netball page in there. It might be worth seeing if they respond there?
Reply 233
Original post by iGriff
I've put Chester as my firm to read Law (LLB).
I'm predicted AAB however all shall be made clear on results day. I chose Chester as, out of all my choices, it seemed to be the most fitting, not to forget Chester, the city itself, is a legal centre.

Anyway! I'm looking forward to meeting new people and living the student life (oh god). See you there!

Ahh cool, I'm gonna (hopefully) be doing Law too! :biggrin: Just thought I'd say hey! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 234
Original post by natalielb93
Hey Guys,

My names Natalie :biggrin: I studied here last year and I have now changed courses and am starting first year again! I studied Drama last year and had a pretty awful year in terms of health and private accommodation! So any Drama or Kingsway campus related questions you have I'm pretty experienced in! Also private accommodation - I've been through every situation this year; broken beds, damp rooms, house mates acting out, drugs within the house (not on my behalf) so I can answer pretty much any questions.

It's a little different to Drama, but this year I will be studying Counselling Skills and Sociology :biggrin: very excited!

Best Wishes,
Natalie

Hello, I studied dance at Chester last year but because of health problems and other issues I didn't like it and I am wanting to change course. What do I need to do if so? I am wanting to do sociology as well! Any advice please? Hope your choice goes well :smile:

thank you x
Reply 235
Original post by law182
Ahh cool, I'm gonna (hopefully) be doing Law too! :biggrin: Just thought I'd say hey! :smile:

Great! Are you living on campus? :smile:
Original post by skry
Hello, I studied dance at Chester last year but because of health problems and other issues I didn't like it and I am wanting to change course. What do I need to do if so? I am wanting to do sociology as well! Any advice please? Hope your choice goes well :smile:

thank you x

Hi, if you'd like to apply to change your course, you can contact our Admissions team on 01244 511000 or [email protected]
Original post by Na-dia
How long does it usually take a university to make a decision on what house I will be offered?

You should hear about your accommodation by early August
Reply 238
Hi, if you'd like to apply to change your course, you can contact our Admissions team on 01244 511000 or [email protected]

Is it better if i rang? How long will it take to reply to an e-mail? Do i need to prepare anything if i rang? (will they ask why i want to study my chosen subject?)

Thank you for your help!
Reply 239
Original post by iGriff
Great! Are you living on campus? :smile:

Hopefully, yes :biggrin: applied for accomm but I live *quite* near so not sure if I'll get it... Are you? :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending