The Student Room Group

The Jedi Knight Society

It's been a long time in the making, but after much demand the Jedi Knight Society is finally here.

This is the society for all those amongst us who are at one with the light side of the Force, and who both believe in and adhere to the of the Jedi Code, the sacred teachings of the revered Jedi Order:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is the Force.

According to the 2001 census, Jediism is the fourth-largest religion in the UK, so as soon as word gets out, I'm anticipating this thread getting pretty busy. This thread is for the discussion of all our Jedi business, whatever that may be. Anyone is free to join, as long as you accept the ways of the Jedi, and vow to fight on the side of truth and justice.

For too long, society has ignorantly ridiculed our most cherished beliefs, falsely dubbing our religion as 'ridiculous' or even 'fictional'. Fortunately, our sacred religion is finally beginning to gain the recognition that it deserves, as a genuine and globally-popular belief-system. We respect other people's beliefs, so all we ask is that this courtesy is also shown to us.

So come on in, dig out your Jedi robes and join the Jedi Knight Society.

May the Force be with you.

:starwars:

Note: this is a serious thread, intended for the serious discussion about the religion of Jediism. Trolls will not be tolerated.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Then the society for you, this is not.
Reply 3

So you mock the group, but you also couldn't resist joining. Interesting... :holmes:
Reply 4
Original post by Chocothunder
So you mock the group, but you also couldn't resist joining. Interesting... :holmes:

I didn't say I'd joined??
I was out last night with the misses and some Tusken Raiders got rude so I sent them a few boxes to the face and then cut them in half with my new pink saber. Was awesome. Then we went to a rave club, got off our heads and spent the night twirling all our sabers around which was both trippy and incredibly dangerous. That douche Jabba was there thinkin' he was arms :colonhash:

Jedi problems :moon:
Reply 6
Original post by Kiss
I didn't say I'd joined??

No, you didn't, but I can see from the member's list that you did join. :rolleyes: O the hypocrisy of some people!
Reply 7
No, you didn't, but I can see from the member's list that you did join. :rolleyes: O the hypocrisy of some people!

I don't remember joining? Are you trying to get me to click the centre button?
Reply 8
Original post by Kiss
I don't remember joining? Are you trying to get me to click the centre button?

I don't need you to click the centre button and join because you've already done it once! Jeeeesus...
Reply 9
For all those who are interested, here is a link to the Jedi Church website that more fully explains the core Jedi doctrines of belief.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.
Reply 10
How do you start a thread in this group?
Original post by GunnerBill
How do you start a thread in this group?

You go to our page by clicking the 'join' link in my OP, and then under 'Associated threads' you click 'Create new thread'.

I'm also working on having the group moved back on to the Religion board, as for reason it was moved to Chat by an admin.
Reply 12
How come they let you guys make a society, but denied my Pastafarian society?! This is outright discrimination by the mods right here!! :mad:
Original post by Diety
How come they let you guys make a society, but denied my Pastafarian society?! This is outright discrimination by the mods right here!! :mad:

Don't worry; the mods didn't leave us unscathed either. For some reason they deemed it necessary to move our society's thread from 'Religion' to 'Chat', so I'm putting my case to them as to why it should be moved back.

I mean, why have a serious religious thread in the Chat section? It makes very little sense...
Reply 14
Don't worry; the mods didn't leave us unscathed either. For some reason they deemed it necessary to move our society's thread from 'Religion' to 'Chat', so I'm putting my case to them as to why it should be moved back.

I mean, why have a serious religious thread in the Chat section? It makes very little sense...

They thing it's a ruse to ram up our post count. Frankly this is religious persecution.
They thing it's a ruse to ram up our post count. Frankly this is religious persecution.

:lol: Whilst I personally wouldn't go that far, I do see it as slightly offensive that, for whatever reason, they currently won't allow us to hold our religious discussions in the Religion forum. Very odd.
x

Due to you being the second member to join, I've made you second-in-command and promoted you to a deputy of the group. A great honour this is.

We're now up to six members in just over a day, which is a promising start. Here's hoping we get a few more!
Reply 17
I am so happy we are finally being recognised on TSR. Long overdue.
Original post by jumbalaia
I am so happy we are finally being recognised on TSR. Long overdue.

Greetings, Jumbalaia, and welcome to the official TSR Jedi Knight Society!

I'm currently trying to sort out a few administrative issues with the society (some of the moderators currently won't allow us to post in the Religion section of the forum), but I look forward to having many a discussion with you on some of the core doctrines of our faith.
Reply 19
Due to you being the second member to join, I've made you second-in-command and promoted you to a deputy of the group. A great honour this is.

We're now up to six members in just over a day, which is a promising start. Here's hoping we get a few more!

Thank you very much :tongue:

I just went on an exploratory mission into an abandoned facillty from the Old Republic and found this ancient computational device...

I doubt it still works but the data on it if recoverable could be invaluable.

Quick Reply

Latest