The Student Room Group

WJEC BY2 - 18th Jan 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by banana_smoothie
Sorry for another post, but I jsut thoguht of a few questions that I wasnt sure about,
The graph for left ventricle and aorta, 3 mark question, asking to compare the pressures, what did everyone put for that?
And the essay I did the essay on gas exchancge surfaces, but I kind of run out of things to say, all i was saying is why alveoli is a good exchange surface and bascially how its adapted for it (i made about 5 points :/ ) wasnt sure what else to say about it?

I just said they were thin, large surface area, moist and permeable. then i explained how the aveoli worked and got a bit carried away with haemoglobin and pulmonary veins/arteries lol. For the first bit I talked about surface area to volume ratio and how it's much lower in multicellular organisms.

I was totally confused with the left ventricle and aorta graph question, said something about how the ventricle has a larger volume than the aorta, so when it's only partly filled it's under a lot lower pressure than the aorta.

And I said the stomach was the main site of digestion and the small intestine for absorption on the first question.

I said arthropods for the butterfly phylum, and they have pairs of jointed legs and an exoskeleton made of chitin. I said they could use DNA sampling to compare how closely they are related.

I put incomplete metamorphosis for the locust question and said the larval stages were the nymph stages or something? Then wrote about the exoskeleton and how it needs to be shed when the insect outgrows it, which explained that graph on the opposite page.

Overall I thought it was a fair paper, and I think I did a lot better than last time (I got a C), I have a feeling that the grade boundaries might be quite high though, so I'm not going to get my hopes up yet!
Reply 21
Didn't really like the paper much, although some qs like the transpiration and potometer 1 markers were really good!
Hate how we have to wait till March for the results!!
Reply 22
Does anyone have a copy of the paper for this? Thanks
Reply 24

Hi, do you think you can send me your school's resources for BY1 and BY2?
Reply 25
Hi MathewAlanJones,

Thanks for the link to the file but I'm not able to get onto the file as a guest. Would you mind posting it onto the forum or emailing it to me? I'd really appreciate it. If you can't don't worry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending