The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've never heard anyone call Primark that before! Very strange people! :p:
Original post by ScottishShortiex
I've never heard anyone call Primark that before! Very strange people! :p:

Me too! They must be foreign :smile:
Reply 3
I have heard quite a few people saying this. I agree it is a bit cringeworthy.
Even worse are people who pronounce it as Preemark :K:
Reply 5
LOL it takes more effort saying it that way!
I've never, ever heard or heard of this phrase. I'm glad I'm not where you are...
I hear it all the time, OP!
I don't really get annoyed by it, but I just question why they would call it that anyway?
Once or twice as a joke, would be OK. ...but when they call it Primarni all the time :erm:
Original post by manic_fuzz

Not as bad as the people who call it Prymark :K:
Reply 9

Almost everyone I know calls it that haha. Pr-eye-mark is way more annoying :tongue:
Reply 10
I work in a Primark on Saturdays.

One of our supervisors says Primani as a joke. She goes 'there's nothing like a bit o' Primani now is there...'

we find it funny.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11

lol i remember when it first cam about people kept asking "do you call it prymark or preemark"... some of the preemarks gave us prymarks funny looks too...
Original post by Bellissima
don't these people really annoy you? when i first heard it it was mildly amusing (and i mean mildly)... but now just the same people call it that and it's like, shut up! it just makes you sound like an even bigger chav!

Lol yeah! Or Preemark :s-smilie:

Edit: Whoops, too late :tongue:
Reply 13
Original post by Pride

One of our supervisors says Primani as a joke. She goes 'there's nothing like a bit o' Primani now is there...'

we find it funny, you need to calm down.

it's not like i'm raging about it and throwing my laptop out the window over it.. i hardly need to calm down :s-smilie:
Reply 14
don't these people really annoy you? when i first heard it it was mildly amusing (and i mean mildly)... but now just the same people call it that and it's like, shut up! it just makes you sound like an even bigger chav!

Did you for a second consider that it being annoying was the point? That the people calling it Primani are taking the piss out of people that do shop there? I mean that's why I call it that...
Never heard that....
Reply 16
Original post by ArcadiaHouse
Not as bad as the people who call it Prymark :K:

Original post by Harley
Almost everyone I know calls it that haha. Pr-eye-mark is way more annoying :tongue:

what?! how do you guys pronounce it then?
Reply 17
Original post by Jonesy12
Did you for a second consider that it being annoying was the point? That the people calling it Primani are taking the piss out of people that do shop there? I mean that's why I call it that...

um no one of the main culprits wears the leapord print leggings and ghastly patterned top uniform loyally...
Original post by Pride

we find it funny, you need to calm down.

Same brah!
Reply 19
it's not like i'm raging about it and throwing my laptop out the window over it.. i hardly need to calm down :s-smilie:

lol ok, your OP sounded a little frustrated at the word.

Latest