The Student Room Group

The Revamped TSR Asperger's Society!

Scroll to see replies

You just have to answer them as best you can, and honestly. because they're also looking for consistency. I made some notes on the questionares if i got quite stuck on a question. I remember having the same many questionaires to fill out. Actually in the short questionaire i had to fill out for my GP i didnt qualify for the assessment. I think i must have answered some of the question incorectly as they were hard to answer. The GP referred me anyway as she thought that i did have it and just strugled to understand the questionaire. In the end the results of the assessment were very clear that i have aspergers
Oh ****ing hell

This last week have been so awful. The lack of routine when I went away has caused my OCD to return. Just bloody wonderful. :frown:

This now leaves me with a problem - my friend and dad both asked if I was planning on going back again next year. I did say yes originally. Not realising how much of an issue this has been for me.

My friend then said that due to his medical issues, I may need to find someone to walk around with next year, (he's diabetic, has issues with his feet and I need someone with all the time) and I emailed him saying I don't know if I will be going next year. I then explained it was because the lack of routine / predictability has caused me some serious issues. I've not elaborated any further and I have a feeling he's going to ask.
He hasn't asked. Phew!

I think, having overheard an odd conversation on Wednesday, at least two people have worked out I have Autism. I attend a music group and we number our songs. I appear to be the only person who remembers most of the numbers. :redface: I overheard someone say "isn't that Aspergers?" I'm sure it's a myth...
Original post by OU Student
He hasn't asked. Phew!

I think, having overheard an odd conversation on Wednesday, at least two people have worked out I have Autism. I attend a music group and we number our songs. I appear to be the only person who remembers most of the numbers. :redface: I overheard someone say "isn't that Aspergers?" I'm sure it's a myth...

Is it a problem if they do know? Sounds like they dont really know anything about ASD / only suspect it anyway.
So....
There's somebody at school I'd like to get to know better. I really want to just talk to her but I'm finding this so difficult! Every time we meet it all seems to go so badly and I end up just standing there like a right plum, unable to say anything at all! I guess I must be easy to read as well -somebody even offered to talk to her for me! This is just so frustrating!

Does anyone have any advice? I really am fed up of being alone. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
So....
There's somebody at school I'd like to get to know better. I really want to just talk to her but I'm finding this so difficult! Every time we meet it all seems to go so badly and I end up just standing there like a right plum, unable to say anything at all! I guess I must be easy to read as well -somebody even offered to talk to her for me! This is just so frustrating!

Does anyone have any advice? I really am fed up of being alone. :frown:

Do you know why it always goes so badly?
The usual lack of conversational ability, I guess. Most of the time, when we talk, it's because I've interrupted another conversation, rather than initiated one.
This sounds really familiar and I find that I can only really talk to people if they start the conversation first which is awkward as hell. :redface:

I'm not quite as bad once I get to know to someone though.
Original post by OU Student
This sounds really familiar and I find that I can only really talk to people if they start the conversation first which is awkward as hell. :redface:

I'm not quite as bad once I get to know to someone though.

Well there's hope yet, then. Thank you.

I'm half-tempted to take up that offer of mediation but I've no idea A) what she'll think and B) how the hell to ask somebody to do that. :s-smilie:
Not quite aspergers but just been watching a show called Mr Robot. It's about a hacker with social anxiety disorder. I'm only one episode in but I identified with it quite strongly. Thought some people here might be interested.
How have I only just found this thread?! I have Aspergers as well and have struggled with it a lot :frown:
Reply 1591
Original post by emiloujess
How have I only just found this thread?! I have Aspergers as well and have struggled with it a lot :frown:

It's not the most active thread unfortunately:frown:
Aspergers seems to run in my family, and while I have not been diagnosed, there seems to be lots of evidence pointing me at least slightly that way. Idk if sort of OCD, lining up stuff and doing stuff evenly to the left and right sides to make things balance is a similar trait to anyone else? And if so, does anyone have a way of saving yourself from those embarrassing situations in public when you have to correct it? Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have Asperger's :smile:
Please may I join this society? c:
Original post by Aph
It's not the most active thread unfortunately:frown:

I did try and find one before but with no success :frown: so I just made my own thread instead! It's nice to find other people on here with my difference though (I refuse to call it a disability)
Reply 1595
I did try and find one before but with no success :frown: so I just made my own thread instead! It's nice to find other people on here with my difference though (I refuse to call it a disability)

I think that this is associated with the autism society? So it shouldn't be too hard to find
Original post by Aph
I think that this is associated with the autism society? So it shouldn't be too hard to find

Probably just tired at the time then, I get so 'thick' when I'm tired :s-smilie:

It technically is a disability though. :frown:
Reply 1598
Probably just tired at the time then, I get so 'thick' when I'm tired :s-smilie:
dont worry:h: like I said most people don't know we exist here:frown:
Original post by Azurite
It technically is a disability though. :frown:

I know, but for me personally, a 'disability' normally means (or has connotations) that it has a negative impact on your life. Since I am trying very hard to see the possible advantages it can have (and there are some, trust me), and not let it have a negative impact, I no longer call it a disability. I am simply different to other people!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest