The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Some advice for freshers next year...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
[QUOTE="alexs2602;36910927"]And that is my point. You've only been there for one night. Not a whole year like me. That is my hall's JCR every morning - a mess. It's not because of every student but students party, students get drunk and yes, students will leave a mess.

Unless you live in halls now you can't comment so leave the people who do live in halls to inform the potential freshers.

Edit: As a note, cleaners do clean up the JCR every morning too. And I'd much rather live in Lincoln, Cripps, Hu Stu and the like.[/QUOTE
Who mentioned the JCR. I am talking about stairwells and ciorridors. But i accept that it was one occasion only. Not quite sure why you are getting so worked up about it.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 61
[QUOTE="olddad;36921133"]
Original post by alexs2602
And that is my point. You've only been there for one night. Not a whole year like me. That is my hall's JCR every morning - a mess. It's not because of every student but students party, students get drunk and yes, students will leave a mess.

Unless you live in halls now you can't comment so leave the people who do live in halls to inform the potential freshers.

Edit: As a note, cleaners do clean up the JCR every morning too. And I'd much rather live in Lincoln, Cripps, Hu Stu and the like.[/QUOTE
Who mentioned the JCR. I am talking about stairwells and ciorridors. But i accept that it was one occasion only. Not quite sure why you are getting so worked up about it.

after nights out people get pizza and so its in the corridors in the morning. Its not an every night thing but you will get it wherever you live. Even in self catered. So i mean don't choose your hall on that cause it happens everywhere
Original post by Sandra1993
after nights out people get pizza and so its in the corridors in the morning. Its not an every night thing but you will get it wherever you live. Even in self catered. So i mean don't choose your hall on that cause it happens everywhere

It is pretty much every morning at my hall. I can't remember a night when it doesn't happen but you have a point.
Original post by olddad

Mainly because frankly I'm insulted that you think you know better than me and other people who live and have lived on campus in the last few years. You visited a hall once? Who cares? I've probably been in halls almost 170 [days and] nights so far, as have most of my other hallmates. People in other halls may eat in the corridors after a night out, we get it from time to time in the corridors at my hall but mainly in the JCR because it's more convenient/comfortable, we also eat in our pantries. It's not out of the ordinary, it happens everywhere. So please, stop trying to act like what you say is anything more than anecdotal.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 64
Just got into Hugh Stewart! Any one know what it's like?
Original post by Jin3011

I've been there a few times when meeting/seeing friends. Yeah, it's a nice hall. Right in the centre of campus. Maybe 5 minutes from the pharmacy building. Nice bar... I think(I've always had too much to drink by the time the bar crawl reaches there.) I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.
Original post by Jin3011

They've started giving out accommodation offers? Wow!

When did you apply?
Reply 67
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
They've started giving out accommodation offers? Wow!

When did you apply?

Applied within the first 10 mins of of the applications opening XD. A few other people on the FB page have offers too. Though it doesn't seem like they're handing them out based on how early you applied. What room type did you apply for?
Reply 68
I've been there a few times when meeting/seeing friends. Yeah, it's a nice hall. Right in the centre of campus. Maybe 5 minutes from the pharmacy building. Nice bar... I think(I've always had too much to drink by the time the bar crawl reaches there.) I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it.

Thanks bud!:smile:
Original post by Jin3011
Applied within the first 10 mins of of the applications opening XD. A few other people on the FB page have offers too. Though it doesn't seem like they're handing them out based on how early you applied. What room type did you apply for?

I applied on the 14th March for a private shared bathroom as first choice.

What about you?
Original post by Jin3011
Thanks bud!:smile:

Just remembered, if you're going to use the gym/sports centre/swimming pool you'll have a 10/15 min walk but you'll get used to it.
Got into broadgate park :smile:
Reply 72
I applied on the 14th March for a private shared bathroom as first choice.

What about you?

Sweet. I put choices down. My main prefrences were Large + Single study in UP and other choices were Large + Single study in Broadgate Park. Glad I got my preferred choice (large study) & also in my 2nd preferred hall.
Original post by Jin3011
Sweet. I put choices down. My main prefrences were Large + Single study in UP and other choices were Large + Single study in Broadgate Park. Glad I got my preferred choice (large study) & also in my 2nd preferred hall.

Awesome!

I can't wait to get my offer now. I'm going to be checking my emails like crazy!
Reply 74
Just remembered, if you're going to use the gym/sports centre/swimming pool you'll have a 10/15 min walk but you'll get used to it.

Yeah, when I stayed in Nightingale for a week, the halls near West Entrance seemed fairly lively and situated near to many POI. Walking shouldn't be a problem; though, I guess the hilly campus does need getting used to.
Reply 75
Awesome!

I can't wait to get my offer now. I'm going to be checking my emails like crazy!

Hah, yeah do so. Though it's probably best to save your fingers the agony for today since it's fairly late in the day:h: Come tomorrow, click away I say! For reference, I got the email at 17:04.
Original post by Jin3011
Hah, yeah do so. Though it's probably best to save your fingers the agony for today since it's fairly late in the day:h: Come tomorrow, click away I say! For reference, I got the email at 17:04.

Thanks! I'll keep checking tomorrow afternoon time then!

Ah! It's all getting very real and exciting. I can't wait for september now!
Reply 77
Thanks! I'll keep checking tomorrow afternoon time then!

Ah! It's all getting very real and exciting. I can't wait for september now!

Yh I know right!. As they say "sh*t just got real" XD.
Original post by Jin3011
Yh I know right!. As they say "sh*t just got real" XD.

Haha! Yes, yes it did!

**** just got very real. Just under 6 months till we move into halls and start freshers!
Original post by Jin3011
Yeah, when I stayed in Nightingale for a week, the halls near West Entrance seemed fairly lively and situated near to many POI. Walking shouldn't be a problem; though, I guess the hilly campus does need getting used to.

POI? Which? Hugh Stu is better for that imo. The only thing the west entrance is better for is sports.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending