The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
You want £6.5k from you're dad for doing nothing? you earn these things how can you run a business when you have to rely on "Daddy" to finance you
Reply 41
Firstly, if you think getting into business involves first buying a van you're completely deluded, few types of businesses require vans from the outset, most small firms subcontract logistics to begin with.
Not to mention you mention no business plan, or even what you planned to do, and you didn't secure finance. Who goes out and buys a £6.5k van and then expects their dad to stump up for it!??!?!
What are you a charity case in need of a fancy van, too lazy to work for it?

What was it "I'll buy a van then decide what to do with it" It just makes no sense.

Try come to an agreement with the buyer out of court and seriously reconsider going into business, I forsee serious financial trouble and probably bankruptcy in your future.
Reply 42
Original post by Megaross
Firstly, if you think getting into business involves first buying a van you're completely deluded, few types of businesses require vans from the outset, most small firms subcontract logistics to begin with.
Not to mention you mention no business plan, or even what you planned to do, and you didn't secure finance. Who goes out and buys a £6.5k van and then expects their dad to stump up for it!??!?!

What was it "I'll buy a van then decide what to do with it" It just makes no sense.

Try come to an agreement with the buyer out of court and seriously reconsider going into business, I forsee serious financial trouble and probably bankruptcy in your future.

I agree about parts of your post, but OP doesn't need to do anything "out of court" because there is no court case - they are just threats. The transaction was bound by Ebay Terms and Conditions and there is nothing in them that forces you legally to pay for a winning bid. This is a common (and annoying) problem on Ebay (people not paying for winning items) but apart from negging their rep and asking Ebay to kick them off (they rarely do) there is nothing the vendor can do about it.

Yes, OP may be foolish or badly behaved, but he has not put himself in the way of a civil action.
Reply 43
BAD BAD ADVICE !!!!!! Ive taken MANY imbeciles to court over ebay items, who think like this numpty...have you never seen 'Cant pay? We'll take it away'' on tv ???? If it goes to court, the LAW says the court HAS to find in favour of the seller, with all costs added to what the non paying buyer owes, & if that doesnt get paid, COURT BAILIFFIS will BOOT YOUR DOOR IN & TAKE YOUR PLASMA SCREEN !!!!!!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GYNO BOY
BAD BAD ADVICE !!!!!! Ive taken MANY imbeciles to court over ebay items, who think like this numpty...have you never seen 'Cant pay? We'll take it away'' on tv ???? If it goes to court, the LAW says the court HAS to find in favour of the seller, with all costs added to what the non paying buyer owes, & if that doesnt get paid, COURT BAILIFFIS will BOOT YOUR DOOR IN & TAKE YOUR PLASMA SCREEN !!!!!!!

They don't always necessarily boot in your door, but can enter through accidentally left open doors and windows.

Latest

Trending

Trending