The Student Room Group

employer refused to pay

Hi everyone if an employer refused to pay for a job done over two months please which sector can i report this too in the uk, They have no reason for not paying they just decided to withhelp payment.
Hey there, sorry to hear this. Did they give a reason as to why they are withholding the payment?
Reply 2
no they just refused to pay up and its over two months.
Reply 3
Original post by SLEE1001
Hi everyone if an employer refused to pay for a job done over two months please which sector can i report this too in the uk, They have no reason for not paying they just decided to withhelp payment.

If the amount is for less than £10k why not just file a claim with the small claims court?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/legal-system/small-claims/deciding-whether-to-make-a-small-claim/

I believe the bar of proof is quite low. As long as you have some sort of proof you did the work like a rota etc and a contract stating that you would be paid, the rest should be pretty straight forward.

You would be liable for income tax and NI though.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 4
Speak to Citizens Advice or ACAS. They’ll give you specific advice.
Reply 5
Alright thanks for the information. i have timesheets sent to payroll and thier conversations with me about past payments and the one they refused to pay.
Original post by Gazpacho.
Speak to Citizens Advice or ACAS. They’ll give you specific advice.

I agree.
The small claims court should also be an option.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending