The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: Spy It... Buy It?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dani_1991
I know right! Sounds ridiculous but I don't really go for the big ones, it's a bit too much, but the small ones are like perfectly proportioned! Yummy :biggrin:

Yeah, I could only eat two in the whole of yesterday but that was perfect. Any larger an they'd be sickly. Peanut Butter has that stick to the roof of your mouth quality but is grand in small doses!
Reply 301
Three classic British puddings Eton Mess, Apple Pie and Cherry Bakewell have provided the inspiration for the new Müller Corner Limited Edition Yogurt range being launched for British summer 2012.
http://www.fdin.org.uk/2012/05/new-classic-british-pudding-range-from-muller-corner/

Danone is jumping on the trend for Greek, with the launch of a new standalone brand entirely devoted to Greek-style yoghurt. The new range launched this month and comes in three variants peach, pear and strawberry all available in four-packs with a rsp of £2.19.
http://www.fdin.org.uk/2012/05/new-greek-yoghurt-range-from-danone/

HELLS TO THE YEAH.

I had the Eton Mess one the other day. It was amazing!
Reply 302
Original post by Smoosh
I had the Eton Mess one the other day. It was amazing!

Jealous!!! Still havent bought any! Damn exam period... Will be my treat to look forward to after! You tried any others? Not sure which to try first!
Reply 303
Jealous!!! Still havent bought any! Damn exam period... Will be my treat to look forward to after! You tried any others? Not sure which to try first!

Nope, not yet! They all sound amazing though. I'm going back home to visit my parents next week and have requested the other flavours :tongue:
Reply 304
Original post by Smoosh
Nope, not yet! They all sound amazing though. I'm going back home to visit my parents next week and have requested the other flavours :tongue:

Ooh report back! :smile:
Loved the Cherry Bakewell one!
finally, FINALLY found somewhere that sold peanut butter kitkats
it was a WH smith in a service
was actually dissappointment. it was laright, it was different. didnt really live up to the hype. bit too salty.
the caramel one was nice though.
Newish snack a jacks sweet chili. YES! I approve.
Reply 308
Just saw Muller light mint chocolate flavour and was like :O after 8 as a yoghurt?! So bought..
Turns out; unsurprisingly, it's not at all. Washed out mint flavour with tiny non chocolate tasting chips, and I'm talking tiny.
In future, I'm sticking to the fruit ones, infinitely tastier.
Original post by TotoMimo
SPIED BUT DID NOT BUY: Iceland's "Ultimate Snacks" Roast Beef and Gravy Yorkshire Pudding Wrap.

As in, the Tortilla wrap is not a tortilla wrap, but a big flat Yorkie Pud.

Let me just tell you, I was insanely tempted through nothing but sheer curiosity, to buy this. There was also a Roast Chicken variant.

I've tried this, think it was in the Roast Chicken.....

IT WAS NOT MY FAULT MY MUM FORCEFED ME!!!!!!!!
(Well, she didn't but virtually blackmailed me into it as she thought of me and my love of roasts and got it)

Not good *shakes head* :frown:
Yorkshire pudding was soggy and VERY chewy at the same time, no real gravy to speak of, stuffing was quite nice but i love stuffing no matter what it's with, and meat was dry and chewy- was like gnawing on a bone!
Don't go there :wink:
Original post by iamvick
I've seen these out and about and they've all intrigued me but I've never ventured into buying them!!

Rocky Road Rice Krispie Squares

I got a 4 pack out of Tesco for £1, they also have bits of white chocolate in them which I've never come across in rocky road before but so so SO good :coma:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 311
Turns out they were lame generic digestives, but I spied and DID Buy this multipack of JLS Biscuit bites.
temporary-237.jpg

Feel free to lol.
Reply 312
Original post by MelissaJayne
Newish snack a jacks sweet chili. YES! I approve.

No no no NO!! All Snack-a-Jacks taste like polystyrene/cardboard :frown: Urgh!

However, if it hasn't already been mentioned....this is absolutely GORGEOUS...

IDShot_225x225.jpg
I'm not a fan of regular snack-a-jacks but honestly, the curls are great. They're not even the same ingredients as the regular. It'd be like saying, I hate Mr Kipling french fancies so I'm assuming I'll hate Viennese whirls. Totally different thing.

I also want to buy and try those biscuits I keep hearing them talk about on ASDA radio at work. 50p at the moment, honeycomb flavour ones and something else. Need to remember.
Reply 314
Original post by MelissaJayne
I'm not a fan of regular snack-a-jacks but honestly, the curls are great. They're not even the same ingredients as the regular. It'd be like saying, I hate Mr Kipling french fancies so I'm assuming I'll hate Viennese whirls. Totally different thing.

I also want to buy and try those biscuits I keep hearing them talk about on ASDA radio at work. 50p at the moment, honeycomb flavour ones and something else. Need to remember.

Curls? :confused: What are they? New snack-a-jacks? Things have come a long way since I used to stack them in Morrisons back in the good ol' days :biggrin:

All Mr Kipling cakes taste far too sweet and artificial!! But I see your point...
Turns out they were lame generic digestives, but I spied and DID Buy this multipack of JLS Biscuit bites.
temporary-237.jpg

Feel free to lol.

holy ****

Welcome back!
Reply 316
Beer is great as well - i like Chang Beer - and it goes well w/ more than u think - saw ppl posting in a facebook fanpage on great food w/ chang - and they take u to different places to drink/eat with -
gave me many great ideas - do check it out if u're beer+food fan - search "like like you mean it" on facebook - and bon appetite!
Reply 317
temporary-237.jpg

Feel free to lol.

I'm... confused by this. Baked not fried? Since when are digestives fried, anyway? :confused:

I don't know how long it's been out, nor do I have a picture since I can't find it on the internet, but my mum bought this 'Marbled Brownie & Blondie Cake Bar' from M&S. It's basically a really long brownie-blondie-thing that you cut portions off. And it looks and tastes amazing.
I wanna try new Vanilla shorties so bad.
Reply 319
213389.jpg

Vimto Ice cream syrup. Didn't buy. Too odd

Quick Reply

Latest