The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Yellow jelly babies, yellow flavoured sweeties in general. Ick.

Let's go general - worst meat?
Are we counting offal as meat? If so then offal in general..I don't mind chicken liver pate but that's as far as I go. I hate whole livers on holiday this summer and they were disgusting..never again.

Worst cadbury's product?
I don't want to say Turkish Delight again, so instead, I will say...

MILK TRAY. So disappointing! They all taste the same.

WORST TRADITIONAL ENGLISH DESSERT?
I really really hate arctic roll! Separately I enjoy the components, ice cream and sponge, but plain sponge and usually cheap vanilla ice cream is a really disappointing dessert.

Worst quality street in the selection?
For me it's the purple one. So many people love it but I don't like the whole nut. I love praline, and nuts in general but in this Im not a big fan.

WORST RICE BASED DISH?

Posted from TSR Mobile
A spicy Biryani..I love most rice dishes, except those that are too spicy for me

Worst topping to put on a cupcake/fairy cake?
Runny icing! Vanilla. When people try and bake and they're obviously not great at it and they have extra liquidy icing. It's just not great.

Worst chocolate flavour/based dessert?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chocolate mug cake.. I just wouldn't bother having chocolate cake if it's not done properly. I've never been that desperate! May as well wait and either buy or make a nice one rather than eat a sub-par one for the sake of it.

Worst dessert with a jelly-like texture involved in it?
For me, it would be champagne jelly or jelly shots with vodka in. Why ruin good jelly?! If I want alcohol I will have it separately, but I find it ruins the taste of jelly.

Worst hot breakfast?
Porridge made with salt! I'm all for a sweet hot breakfast - sweet porridge, pancakes, waffles, croissants, or anything involving a fry up/its components. But porridge can't be made savoury. In second place comes the monstrosity that are ham and cheese croissants :frown:

Worst ice cream flavour?
Pina I'm loving your new arrival on these threads!

Worst ice cream flavour for me is cheap vanilla. It just tastes like watery fat. Literally. I haven't had any terrible actual flavours, just variations.

WORST SPREAD TO HAVE ON TOAST?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why thank you! :smile:

And this is a toss up between marmite and marmalade I can't choose. Marmalade is horrible, bad memories of mistaking it for apricot jam on more than one occasion when you get those little packets of jam in hotels...and I will never be a marmite person. So it's a tie!

Worst canope/finger food to have at a buffet?
For me it's devilled eggs. I think that's how it's spelt... But hard boiled eggs and squishy mousse on top are not appealing to me at all.

Worst fruit based dessert?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2173
I had to comment on this one as I just watched a programme and it made me SEETHE.

Jamie Oliver insisted that fruit can be an amazing dessert, so long as you choose the correct medley. So he coined the title, "The Ultimate Fruit Salad", saying it is one of the most delicious, refreshing desserts you can follow up a meal with.

NO, JAMIE OLIVER. FRUIT IS NOT A PUDDING, NO MATTER HOW "ULTIMATE". You've ruined EVERYTHING. And not just cookery-related. You've ruined EVERYTHING.

WHAT'S THE WORST EXAMPLE OF... A CHOCOLATE BAR WITH A SOFT CENTRE?
fry's peppermint cream! purely because i dislike mint chocolate and the cream just pushes me over the edge

Worst type of coffee or coffee based drink?
Reply 2175
Frappuccinos - aaah, the sugar. Too much. I will go into a sugar-induced coma :P

Worst type of bean? (baked, kidney, butter, haricot etc.)
Reply 2176
I find kidney beans a bit gross although I can handle them if they're very anonymous in a chiili con carne. I once bought chunky own label kidney beans and this experience put me off them. I don't like their texture/appearance either.

Worst green vegetable?
Reply 2177
...but I LIKE green vegetables :frown:

I guess overcooked cabbage, school-dinner style. Any nice veg can be ruined by overcooking and then they make millions of children believe they "don't like" such and such, when actually they've never been given it in a nice form. Sad times.

Worst sweet Christmas food, APART from Chistmas pudding and cake? (because loads of people seem not to like these - boring :P).
For me, it would be panetonne and gammon. My Mum tries to give us it every Christmas morning and I just don't get it. Cake and pork? I'm good with cereal thanks...

WORST FOOD YOU'VE EVER BEEN GIVEN AS A GIFT?
Worst cake with icing on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest