The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

What's the gay scene in St Andrews like?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I know of a lot of women also heavily involved in LGBT.

PM me and I can send you an email address if you'd like to ask them any questions.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 21
pretty gay
I don't know, but for God's sake, choose Durham.
Reply 23
The LGBT society is pretty big here, some of them are right ***** and disrespectful. But I guess the majority of them are decent people. (Some of the LGBT are in LeftSoft which should be renamed to ExtremeLeftSoc.)
There are a lot of gay guys here actually, for such a small place, I've met quite a few, and the LGBT society does seem fairly active i.e they organise clubbign nights occassionally etc. I believe
I'm guessing the gay scene is pretty gay. I will shortly be dispatching Captain Obvious to clarify. Standby.
Reply 26
Hi,
I am new here, and I am going to live in St. Andrews for my Ph.D
I didn't know there were a lot of gays there...
and do you know if is possible to find a job?

Thanks all..
Reply 27
lol :smile: there is no gay bar in St. Andrews. There are a couple in Dundee, if you're willing to get a £30 taxi back and take a long bus ride there. Those are okay if you don't mind getting hit on by older guys.

There is an LGBT society, but I found it to be too cliquey. But you'll meet loads of LGBT people who are awesome and have nothing to do with LGBT soc, it's not the be all and end all of meeting gay people in St Andrews.

And as a warning, St Andrews may be called "the Bubble", but like any other place, it's not always a safe and comfortable little haven. Homophobia does exist, and I had a few problems in my first year because of it. This is a great place, but wherever you go there are going to be some rotten apples.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending