The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by avipsita
so you are in year 13 i presume?? and you are doing how many units for maths ??

yes year 13 and just the standards maths alevel c1-4 and s1-2 :smile: and you
Original post by sukhys
i have never seen it to 4sf always 3sf. :/

I defo saw it but it might've been 2002 paper :/

If I see it in the recent papers I'll let y'all know

Original post by Arsey
I really wouldn't bother with Solomon for S1 or M1, there are so many current spec edexcel papers it is pretty pointless.

I think some of the more recent ones have had a few trickier questions on them.

Woo okay cool, few less papers for me to do I won't have time to do them all,
but I might still so a few difficult questions from solomon rather than doing the WHOLE paper :smile:
Reply 282
How does coding affect Sxx and Syy? If Sxx is 5,000,000 and the coding becomes x/1000, does Sxx (coded) become 5?

Also, with mean, if it is 50, and the coding is x/10, does the coded mean become 0.5?
Original post by JOR2010
How does coding affect Sxx and Syy? If Sxx is 5,000,000 and the coding becomes x/1000, does Sxx (coded) become 5?

Also, with mean, if it is 50, and the coding is x/10, does the coded mean become 0.5?

I don't really get the Sxx one, I'm not sure if you work it all out again using all the codes when you do EX^2 :s-smilie:

But for mean yeah it would become 0.5
Reply 284
Original post by itsmehello
I don't really get the Sxx one, I'm not sure if you work it all out again using all the codes when you do EX^2 :s-smilie:

But for mean yeah it would become 0.5

coding doesnt effect sxx syy and sxy in correlation.. only in regression
Original post by stuck18
coding doesnt effect sxx syy and sxy in correlation.. only in regression

Okay! Thank you! :smile: get it now
Original post by Driva
No. Never use a rounded up answer.

Okay, so basically if sxy is lets say 3.574445563... the rounded up answer to 3.s.f. is 3.57, but when we calculate b, we use full answer of sxy - ie 3.574445563... - right?

thanks
Reply 287
^when doing sxx, syy and sxy it's best to just leave the value you get on your calculator as your answer don't round.
Reply 288
Original post by stuck18
yes year 13 and just the standards maths alevel c1-4 and s1-2 :smile: and you

I am doing C1-C4 ,M1-M2,S1, FP1-2:smile:
Reply 289
Just hoping this will be a nice quick 100 UMS packed and ready to go... hopefully D1 will be the same but it's easier to make an error in that exam, in my opinion.
Reply 290
Are the examiners likely to repeat a question which came up on June 2011/Jan 2012 for the June 2012??
Does anyone have the January 2012 paper + MS for S1?
Original post by TanishaBellum
Does anyone have the January 2012 paper + MS for S1?

They're all here:
http://www.studentforums.biz/pastpapers/edexcel-january-2012-question-papers-mark-schemes-%28all-gce%29
Original post by isuruar
I have some S1 revision notes if anyone is interested :biggrin:

are those in relation to the mark scheme? if so they are amazing!
Reply 295
Most of the questions from 06 dont include have those "explain" questions anyone think they will come up?
Reply 296
Original post by QwertyG
Most of the questions from 06 dont include have those "explain" questions anyone think they will come up?

I hope so. I am hoping there will be a lovely 8-mark question asking us to tell them everything about statistical models. Would be a dream come true. :smile:
Original post by Zhy
Just hoping this will be a nice quick 100 UMS packed and ready to go... hopefully D1 will be the same but it's easier to make an error in that exam, in my opinion.

Are you taking S1?
I thought that you had already done it.
Original post by isuruar
I have some S1 revision notes if anyone is interested :biggrin:

Those pdf files are from Arsey right?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1619124

4th post, but thanks for the revision notes on word! :smile:
guys is there somewhere i can get hard probability questions with solutions ? if i do all the exercise in the book is that fine?

Latest

Trending

Trending