The Student Room Group

Petroleum Geoscience MSc - Where?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by geo_gi
Thank you for this incredibly useful advice; these things mught be obvious for a UK student but that's really interesting for someone who has always studied in Italy.

Hi there! The start date is approaching and I was wondering if you have any suggestion about useful sites to make the graduate schemes research faster.
I have found this one http://www.theoilgraduate.co.uk/ but now all the applications seem to be closed: as you said they're probably starting in autumn.
Reply 81
Original post by geo_gi
Hi there! The start date is approaching and I was wondering if you have any suggestion about useful sites to make the graduate schemes research faster.
I have found this one http://www.theoilgraduate.co.uk/ but now all the applications seem to be closed: as you said they're probably starting in autumn.

Hi Guys,
I will be studying MSc Petroleum Engineering at Imperial College London starting October 5th. I am looking forward to starting the course.
geo_gi, what university did you finally choose between Aberdeen and Manchester?

The website http://www.theoilgraduate.co.uk/ that you provided seems very useful. According to me the applications in many companies will open around October.
Does anyone knows similar websites for other countries where there is oil extraction (Norway, United Arab Emrates, Africa, USA, Australia)? Would be very helpful for all.
Reply 82
diekevin I chose Aberdeen.

I am a little bit jealous of your admission at the Imperial as I am very curious about how could it be studying there but when I applied for petroleum geoscience the course was already full! :smile:

Anyways this week I will try to make a list of some internships I would like to apply for.
Reply 83
good day guys.i graduated with a cgpa of 3.07 in geophysics and i am willing to study petroleum geosciences for my masters. please, what school are advisable to apply for with a 2:2 honours
Reply 84
Hey Oraji

So finally where have you studied? Manchester? Please if you can share your experience with them, I appreciate it since I haven't decided where to go yet. Thanks in advance
Reply 85
Hey marko19

So have you studied Msc PG for reservoir development and production at Manchester? I have a variety of options now but I want to pick the best one.
Thanks in advance
Reply 86
Original post by oraji
Hello HC Pro
I have already graduated as Geologist and I want to continue my study in UK. I have already gotten an offer from Manchester University in Petroleum Geoscience for Reservoir Development and Production. I glad to get that offer, but i still doubt which one is more standing in petroleum industry ; Petroleum Geoscience for Exploration or Petroleum Geoscience for Reservoir Development and Production. I understand the definition both of that course i mentioned before and i also like them both but i want to know more which one of that courses will make me easily get a job in petroleum industry. I would really glad to hear an advice from you HC Pro. Thank you

1 minute ago

Hey Oraji

So finally where have you studied? Manchester? Please if you can share your experience with them, I appreciate it since I haven't decided where to go yet. Thanks in advance

Reply 87
hi Guys, I want to apply for a few Msc Petroleum Geoscience programs in the U.K i did a B.Sc in Geology (2:2) honours and i have a M.Sc in Environmental Science GPA 3.41 out of 4 ...1) what are my chances of getting into a good university ? 2) which schools do you think i should apply for ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending