The Student Room Group

CCEA Biology A2:2

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i only did on punnet square crossing X[H]Y Aa with X[H]]X[h] Aa
yeah 1/16 for the punnett squ. and sex-linked cos it was only affecting males. and it was recessive right?
Reply 42
I hadn't a baldy notion about any of it to be honest. The questions were just a bit strange to me.
Original post by b3n1
For the genetic question...i did 2 punnet squares...one for haemophilia and one for albinism... which each had a probability of 1/4 so i multiplied them to get 1/16 is that how everyone else did it? It took me ages because at first i did a dihybrid inheritance punnet square which did not work at all haha

I think you had to do it as a dihybrid inheritance square. 4 by 4.
i think i made a good call by skipping straight to the essay with one hour to go as i could see the paper was going to take ages!!!! With a star to they scale the ninty percent thing? or is it just 90% of the raw marks?
Original post by jamster1991
i think i made a good call by skipping straight to the essay with one hour to go as i could see the paper was going to take ages!!!! With a star to they scale the ninty percent thing? or is it just 90% of the raw marks?

overall, you need 270/300 UMS over the 3 A2 modules. That was a hard paper by all accounts so it will probably work out at a lot less than 90% raw marks. Figured at about 75-80 if even that high
Reply 46
does coursework (A2 3) count towards an A*?
Original post by michaelf12
does coursework (A2 3) count towards an A*?

yes An A* will be awarded to the candidates who attain an overall grade A in the
qualification and an aggregate of at least 90% of the uniform marks across the A2 units
The only problem is that the coursework usually gets marked down quite a bit
Reply 48
People, a bit of reassurance in that all the exams are scaled up a lot. For example, in the exam in January (A21) I got 76 and it was scaled up to 119. Hopefully this will be scaled up even more because the January paper was no where near as hard! All the best for the rest of the exams!

Oh, with regards to the confidence limits: If I got he wrong value for t because I was really stupid :P, but used the formula right and drew on the graph right will I lose all the marks or just some of the 4?

Apart from that, the test was a struggle due to time, but do-able I think!
Reply 49
Original post by lopikase123
yes An A* will be awarded to the candidates who attain an overall grade A in the
qualification and an aggregate of at least 90% of the uniform marks across the A2 units
The only problem is that the coursework usually gets marked down quite a bit

Lopikase is a faggot of the highest order, that much is for sure.
Reply 50
I've a silly question about confidence limits... how do you actually find the t value? I've no idea if I did the right thing because in the examples we got in class we were always given a t value already :/. Did n-1=4 and then use p=0.05?
Reply 51
Original post by Amy563
I've a silly question about confidence limits... how do you actually find the t value? I've no idea if I did the right thing because in the examples we got in class we were always given a t value already :/. Did n-1=4 and then use p=0.05?

Yes thats what i did...but i was unsure if the control counted as a category so my dof may have been different
Disastrous. That is all.
Reply 53
Original post by b3n1
Yes thats what i did...but i was unsure if the control counted as a category so my dof may have been different

I see your point about the control. I was having difficulty deciding whether to include it or not and I had 5 mins left at the end to do this question :/ but hopefully I'll get marks for the rest of it even if I shouldn't have included the control?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by b3n1

Mm I had the degrees of freedom as 9, 10 (dishes for each species)

I rushed it a bit though

Overall I liked the paper, funny because everyone seems to have hated it ;p Scale my marks go onnnnn
Original post by b3n1
For the genetic question...i did 2 punnet squares...one for haemophilia and one for albinism... which each had a probability of 1/4 so i multiplied them to get 1/16 is that how everyone else did it? It took me ages because at first i did a dihybrid inheritance punnet square which did not work at all haha

Mm I put them together and did a big 4 x 4 square. Got 1/16 as well
That test was thee worst biology test i've ever done by far, and was alot worse compared to past papers from the years before! did anyone else get 54.75 and 51.75 for the upper and lower limits?
totally messed up the punnet square too, i only did it ha,HA,Ha,hA x Ha HA and didnt include sex chromosome :frown: is it too late to put your name in for a biology repeat module ?
(edited 11 years ago)
definitely the worst exam i have ever sat
Original post by parawhore_VT
That test was thee worst biology test i've ever done by far, and was alot worse compared to past papers from the years before! did anyone else get 54.75 and 51.75 for the upper and lower limits?
totally messed up the punnet square too, i only did it ha,HA,Ha,hA x Ha HA and didnt include sex chromosome :frown: is it too late to put your name in for a biology repeat module ?

It's not too late, went into school to ask this morning. £35.55 late entry fee though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by sdillon590
It's not too late, went into school to ask this morning. £35.55 late entry fee though.

thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending