The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by anniemc
Hi,

Does anyone know if the 12-hour grace period for submissions applies to your EMA, or just the TMAs? I can't find anything about the EMAs in the manual :s-smilie:

Could really use the extra 12 hours on this one *streeessss*

Honestly I'm not sure but I wouldn't risk it, just do your best to get it in before 12 xx
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
I found a line suggesting the grace period does apply in one of the EMA submission documents/guidelines. It also definitely let me submit mine after 12 noon (I did submit the night before but did some more work on it and submitted it about 8pm on deadline day). I'd suggest submitting whatever you can before the 12 noon deadline and then resubmitting if you do more work.
Reply 3
Thanks Kate :smile: I found the EMA booklet, and yes it does apply
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Hi Can anyone advise if they have used the grace for EMA and whether the OU failed the submission or accepted it?
I think the information they provide on this is quite confusing and can be read in a variety of ways.
Thank you in advance:colondollar:
Reply 5
We have been told on T307 that the grace period applies, but would you really risk it for the sake of 12 hours?
Reply 6
Original post by jford79
Hi Can anyone advise if they have used the grace for EMA and whether the OU failed the submission or accepted it?
I think the information they provide on this is quite confusing and can be read in a variety of ways.
Thank you in advance:colondollar:

I'm pretty sure I've used it once or twice. It does apply to EMAs, definitely. But I would certainly advise submitting your EMA before the deadline and resubmitting it whenever you make changes. You can submit your EMA as many times as you want (well, I think there's a limit of 99 resubmissions or something like that, but not a limit you're likely to reach lol) and they only mark the most recent one. I usually submit at least 4 or 5 versions of my EMAs, just in case I lose my backups or my computer crashes or something.
Reply 7
FYI to anyone reading this you cannot resubmit if your tutor downloads your assignment, meaning you can submit at 11:59AM version 1 of your essay and then resubmit revised version 2 at 2PM and if your tutor logged on at 1PM to download the groups essays (this happened to me) then your resubmitted work during the grace period will not be marked. If you submit after the tutor downloads then it seems you merely go to the back of the pile for marking.

Finally if you actually read the boxes you tick for agreement upon uploading your essay you will find that you are agreeing to allow your tutor to mark this essay if they download it early, so I think this even applies days before the deadline. I would advise to only submit versions you would be happy to have marked and only use the re-submission as a tool to correct errors you later realize..

I personally would advise against resubmitting work, its best to just submit it when your ready of course dont make it 11:50PM and your internet go down LOL.

Latest