The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I want to do Dentistry or a combined course of Computer Science and Maths. I really want to help people and I've always wanted to also run a business. I would love to open my own practice.

However, looking at all the posts on this thread, it really looks like Dentistry is going really downhill :| Do you guys think I will still be able to go into Dentistry and manage to earn 60k+ (not as soon as graduating, but eventually before getting too old)? I believe it is good that I want to help people and run my own practice, however money needs to be considered also. I believe that if I go in to an intensive course and work hard I do not want to be earning the minimum which has been lowered big time. I do not want to be sitting at and limiting myself to around 30-40k...

Do you guys think in around 6 years time, Dentistry should still be good and I will still be able to open up my own practice further along the line.
So well said . But there is one thing not mentioned. The patients. You get to see the public and have deeper understanding of human beings especially they have the power to threaten you with complaint. You live in fear
Original post by Susta1nz
I want to do Dentistry or a combined course of Computer Science and Maths. I really want to help people and I've always wanted to also run a business. I would love to open my own practice.

However, looking at all the posts on this thread, it really looks like Dentistry is going really downhill :| Do you guys think I will still be able to go into Dentistry and manage to earn 60k+ (not as soon as graduating, but eventually before getting too old)? I believe it is good that I want to help people and run my own practice, however money needs to be considered also. I believe that if I go in to an intensive course and work hard I do not want to be earning the minimum which has been lowered big time. I do not want to be sitting at and limiting myself to around 30-40k...

Do you guys think in around 6 years time, Dentistry should still be good and I will still be able to open up my own practice further along the line.

Bump on this please help me out!

Latest