The Student Room Group

Braces

i was just wondering if anyone knows how orthodontic warnings work ? my orthodontists policy says if i break my braces i will get a verbal warning and after any further breakage they’ll take my braces off, but i broke a bracket and the orthodontist didn’t give me a warning ?? do they note this down on their system as a ‘warning’ ?

also i somehow broke my bracket without eating anything hard ? i don’t know how it happened, but obviously i don’t think my orthodontist believed me when i said i've only been eating soft food
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by uaryrius
i was just wondering if anyone knows how orthodontic warnings work ? my orthodontists policy says if i break my braces i will get a verbal warning and after any further breakage they’ll take my braces off, but i broke a bracket and the orthodontist didn’t give me a warning ?? do they note this down on their system as a ‘warning’ ?

also i broke my bracket without eating anything hard ?? i don’t know how it happened but obviously i don’t think my orthodontist believed that i didn’t eat anything hard

What company is the orthodontist?
Original post by uaryrius

also i broke my bracket without eating anything hard ?? i don’t know how it happened but obviously i don’t think my orthodontist believed that i didn’t eat anything hard

I think it's if they believe that you aren't taking care of them properly.
Original post by KA_P

Yeah and if it’s NHS they are more likely to say that but the orthodontist i went to and my sister is at now have never said anything about removing them if you don’t look after them
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah and if it’s NHS they are more likely to say that but the orthodontist i went to and my sister is at now have never said anything about removing them if you don’t look after them

yes, it’s NHS, they didn’t say it to me directly but i read it on the paper they gave me so i just got a bit worried that’s all
Reply 5
Original post by KA_P

oh okay thank u
What company is the orthodontist?

they’re “my dentist” i think ?
It’s probably because you’ve got them on the NHS and it costs them money when people break brackets
Reply 7
It’s probably because you’ve got them on the NHS and it costs them money when people break brackets

mhm yeah, it's just because i didn't get a 'warning' like it said on their policy so i was a bit confused
Reply 8

Would you have to pay if they broke ?

Quick Reply

Latest