The Student Room Group

Private dentist cancellation fee

So I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and the dental practice I go to has a cancellation policy that if you don’t notify them 24 hours before your appointment to cancel that they will charge you a fee . I was feeling well earlier but now I’m feeling a bit tired and a bit like **** (it’s also private not NHS As NHS gives you free cancellation) I’m thinking about just not turning up tomorrow if I continue not to feel well and ignoring the phone when they ring me to ask why I’ve not showed up . Do you think I can get away without being charged and how much is it if I do get caught and charged ? My other checkup appointment and clean was £50 . I was meant to be doing a X ray and Hygenie together . I was wondering if the cancellation would be cheaper to pay than the actual treatment if anyone knows and has been through it before .
Original post by Anonymous
So I have a dentist appointment tomorrow morning and the dental practice I go to has a cancellation policy that if you don’t notify them 24 hours before your appointment to cancel that they will charge you a fee . I was feeling well earlier but now I’m feeling a bit tired and a bit like **** (it’s also private not NHS As NHS gives you free cancellation) I’m thinking about just not turning up tomorrow if I continue not to feel well and ignoring the phone when they ring me to ask why I’ve not showed up . Do you think I can get away without being charged and how much is it if I do get caught and charged ? My other checkup appointment and clean was £50 . I was meant to be doing a X ray and Hygenie together . I was wondering if the cancellation would be cheaper to pay than the actual treatment if anyone knows and has been through it before .

No-one here will know what your particular dentist charges for cancellations. It sounds to me that you simply don't want to go to the appointment.
All dentist charge for cancellations. it will vary. what happened in the end:?
Reply 3
Original post by Kutie Karen
All dentist charge for cancellations. it will vary. what happened in the end:?

They didn’t give a crap not even a call or a email from them even though they have my details . I got away with it without being charged ****all
They didn’t give a crap not even a call or a email from them even though they have my details . I got away with it without being charged ****all

Quite likely, though you might get charged in the future. If not, you got away with it.
Reply 5
They will ask you to pay when you try to make another appointment,
Reply 6
They've got to make the money up from a wasted appointment due to a no-show or late cancellation when they could have used the slot for someone else...
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
Quite likely, though you might get charged in the future. If not, you got away with it.

Time will tell we will have to see. At least I know now
Reply 8
Original post by black tea
They will ask you to pay when you try to make another appointment,

Yh I know mate that’s why I don’t plan on ever going back there if I ever need a dentist in the future in case they remember me lol
Yh I know mate that’s why I don’t plan on ever going back there if I ever need a dentist in the future in case they remember me lol

you were lucky:smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Kutie Karen
you were lucky:smile:

I was and I’m still suprised I got away with it tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending