The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironandwine
who the faff cares tbh

Exactly.

Bare in mind most western europe youth teams have black/mixed race/non white players now. It's common practice now.

I watched a match between Holland and Germany u17 and the whole Dutch team was practically Black/Arab.

But this is the way the world is going, we will all be coffee coloured eventually, probably by this century. Even teams like Norway/Denmark have significant numbers of non whites in their youth setups. It's globalisation, it's beautiful. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Abbadon27
Maybe he was just curious on what other peoples opinions are on the matter? It is a good question and every post about race on thsi forum dosen't have to have an ulterior motive.

See my reply :wink:
Original post by Andy Ftw
I see what you mean, but to be honest 11 people is a ridiculously small number to use for comparison with the general population tbh

I'm sure if you looked at the whole football league (2000+ people) it would still be high
Reply 23
I thought black people are just naturally better at sport?
Reply 24
Original post by manchesterunited15
I'm sure if you looked at the whole football league (2000+ people) it would still be high

And what exactly are you getting at?
Reply 25
Original post by Drewski
Not that far-fetched, you could easily put the question the other way round and ask why are there so few international standard swimmers of black origin compared to white origin.

Lol we are just bad at swimming. I'm naturally scared of water for example
This is gonna sound highly stereotypical, but let's face it : most footballers come from the estates, aka from a poor background, and statistically the proportion of black people that live in poor neighbourhoods is higher that in other parts of the country, especially true if we're talking about London.
Original post by Felchingman
This is gonna sound highly stereotypical, but let's face it : most footballers come from the estates, aka from a poor background, and statistically the proportion of black people that live in poor neighbourhoods is higher that in other parts of the country, especially true if we're talking about London.

Bangladeshis and Pakistanis have higher levels of poverty than Black people in the UK believe it or not..so that kind of disproves your theory.
Reply 28
There are so many variables in life, of course something like this won't be statistically correct. For example, over 1/7 of the world population is Chinese, so why aren't there a lot of Premier League footballers that are Chinese? Dumb question is dumb.

I have a more relevant question, why do so many TSR members post idiotic threads without first thinking for more than 2 seconds about the answer?
It's funny how when its a black person stabbing someone they never forget to mention he is black but when black people... Coloured people in fact are doing something great they forget to mention it or all of a sudden there British? Or is that just me. Media brainwash people soo much.

I noticed that in the indoor Olympics women's relay 3 out of 4 of them where black, and when the one white women had the Batton we dropped to third place and went back to first when the black lady took over.
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e
Original post by *Hakz*
And what exactly are you getting at?

Read the OP... I'm not really getting at anything, just wondering.
Reply 31
3 words: Blacks run fast.

Another 3 words: Dedicated to football.
They're fast.
Original post by Negaduck
There are so many variables in life, of course something like this won't be statistically correct. For example, over 1/7 of the world population is Chinese, so why aren't there a lot of Premier League footballers that are Chinese? Dumb question is dumb.

I have a more relevant question, why do so many TSR members post idiotic threads without first thinking for more than 2 seconds about the answer?

Because they're in a different country that doesn't play football as much. Black ENGLISH people are still in the same country as the white ENGLISH people. :rolleyes:

Dumb poster is dumb. :cool:
Reply 34
Because they're in a different country that doesn't play football as much. Black ENGLISH people are still in the same country as the white ENGLISH people. :rolleyes:

Dumb poster is dumb. :cool:

Try actually reading my post before you make a clever, or in this case not so clever, remark.

My example was just one of a stupid question, showing that statistics don't mean jack **** in something trivial such as football.

Not that I take anyone who fills their posts with smilies seriously anyways.
The point is that is that statistically you'd expect there to be one or zero black players in the team but there's actually 4, over a third, when black people account for less than one thirtieth of the population. Surely you can see that's interesting/ strange?

No of course I'm not suggesting that, they're the best in their positions... except Johnson :biggrin:

I don't think you would at all. A football team is such a minute number in comparison to the country, 1 more person makes a comparatively huge change to the % of each group.

I'm sure if you analysed it you'd find their hair colours, what hand/foot they use etc. etc. aren't exactly representative either.
Original post by Georgiina_Tee
It's funny how when its a black person stabbing someone they never forget to mention he is black but when black people... Coloured people in fact are doing something great they forget to mention it or all of a sudden there British? Or is that just me. Media brainwash people soo much.

I noticed that in the indoor Olympics women's relay 3 out of 4 of them where black, and when the one white women had the Batton we dropped to third place and went back to first when the black lady took over.
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e

How do you suggest they possibly mention it during sport? "And Beckham crosses the ball to the black one"?

While I too dislike it's use in the media in general (no harm in mentioning it somewhere, but more often than not it's sensationalised as a headline), it's not remotely comparable.
Original post by Negaduck
Try actually reading my post before you make a clever, or in this case not so clever, remark.

My example was just one of a stupid question, showing that statistics don't mean jack **** in something trivial such as football.

Not that I take anyone who fills their posts with smilies seriously anyways.

It's not just football, it's most sports. :rolleyes:

Not that I take anyone who uses double negatives in their posts seriously anyway. :cool:
Original post by callum9999
I don't think you would at all. A football team is such a minute number in comparison to the country, 1 more person makes a comparatively huge change to the % of each group.

I'm sure if you analysed it you'd find their hair colours, what hand/foot they use etc. etc. aren't exactly representative either.

Like I said earlier, if you took a larger sample you'd find similar results ( the whole 92 clubs in the Football League and Premiership)
Reply 39
You could ask the same about running in the Olympics, I am pretty sure most countries have black runners...why? They are better runners, I am guessing.

Latest