The Student Room Group

The Online Dating Chat Thread I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by Miza
On serious note, I made a proper 'female' account without messing after my trolling experience, my mistake perhaps for using pics of a really good looking girl, should have gone for average.

Anyway, I did it to find what sort of messages other guys send to them ladies, and it went 2 ways - either chav wanting to get sex or some overly nice guy being way too clingy for a 1st message, saying that he'll treat you like a princess and all that yada-yada.

Yup that was pretty much my experience when I used most dating sites. I'd say I was about average looking.
Original post by gemmam
Yup that was pretty much my experience when I used most dating sites. I'd say I was about average looking.

You look hot to me, sket

Original post by Bleak Lemming
You guys are a massive distraction. Meant to be studying all night & then going to work in the morning at 7 but all I've done is this! Blates gonna fall asleep on the job. **** it :biggrin:

Me too, College is going to be such a joy today :yawn:
Reply 182
Maybe it's time for you ladies to open the sercret of what WOULD YOU like to get in your first message for us guys to not seem like a maniacs? The messages I was getting from girls were mostly - hi, how r u.

Best conversation with a girl was when we started discussing illuminati and she was into conspiracy and stuff and she was hot and few years older, but she bailed on me for whatever reason.

Best response I got from a girl was when I said that her pic when she was surrounded by sunflowers was really cute, she said it was the best message she got on POF from a guy ... But I then found out she was bi-sexual and working as exotic dancer in a club, but she was hot tho.

I mean if girls have 3 sentences in their profile, it's kinda hard making a creative 1st message as obv 1st impression counts more than anything on there...
Original post by Miza
But I then found out she was bi-sexual and working as exotic dancer in a club, but she was hot tho.

problem being?
Reply 184
Original post by TheKingoftheJews
You look hot to me, sket

Thanks. I think...

Anyway I got another message off someone else who seems decent, he lives in Newcastle though. I'm thinking maybe I should be taking this recent experience with okcupid as a sign that I should forget about dating for now.
Original post by gemmam
Thanks. I think...

Anyway I got another message off someone else who seems decent, he lives in Newcastle though. I'm thinking maybe I should be taking this recent experience with okcupid as a sign that I should forget about dating for now.

IT WAS ME!

Naht,. Why would someone from 372847 miles away message someone??
Reply 186
Original post by Bleak Lemming
IT WAS ME!

Naht,. Why would someone from 372847 miles away message someone??

I don't get it either.
Does this thread really need to turn into a place to post pictures of strangers for the purpose of laughing at them? You guys really lack class.
Reply 188
Original post by Miza
Maybe it's time for you ladies to open the sercret of what WOULD YOU like to get in your first message for us guys to not seem like a maniacs? The messages I was getting from girls were mostly - hi, how r u.

Personally I prefare something similar to what Bleak Lemming says he writes to girls, just asking about work/uni or an interest on my profile, plans for the weekend etc. Something casual but still shows that they're interested.
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
Original post by Chumbaniya
Does this thread really need to turn into a place to post pictures of strangers for the purpose of laughing at them? You guys really lack class.

It's not like they're very classy on that site though
It's not like they're very classy on that site though

I think the classy response to other people lacking class is not to sink to their level.
Reply 191
It's just so much easier to come across better and have a decent conversation with girls irl, I mean few days ago this girl turned up to my doorstep trying to sell me broadband but instead we ended up chatting for 1.5 hours straight about university and other things and I had pretty good time with her tbh.
Just got home from work. 4 messages from 4 pretty girls who live local :smile: 2 go to uni 12938 miles away.
Original post by Chumbaniya
I think the classy response to other people lacking class is not to sink to their level.

I'll let you off, but only because I like Spiderman memes.
Hmm. I've had someone agree to a date on OkCupid - attractive, intelligent, and for some reason interested me whilst at the same time slightly hostile. I'm quite interested to see where this goes.
How awkward would it be if those pictures you were posting was someone on this thread..!

Also not having great experiences with OKCupid at the moment... only 1 or 2 messages worth replying to.
Reply 197
Original post by Pwhiskers
How awkward would it be if those pictures you were posting was someone on this thread..!

Also not having great experiences with OKCupid at the moment... only 1 or 2 messages worth replying to.

Same here I think I might delete my account and just leave finding someone to fate.
Reply 198
According to my brother's mate I reply "very selectively"... urgh cheers those guys who sent me spam or pervy messages!
Original post by gemmam
According to my brother's mate I reply "very selectively"... urgh cheers those guys who sent me spam or pervy messages!

Every woman replies 'very selectively' - to such an extent that I'm actually suspicious of the profile of any woman that doesn't say this.

Quick Reply

Latest