The Student Room Group

maintenance loan issue

hi, this is a sort of update to a previous thread but basically student finance approved my maintenance loan for starting uni sept 2023 to be the minimum for away from home/outside London. except that threshold = an annual household income of £62,000 which is thousands more than my parents combined income. we're sending in another form to try and re-do the details based on a phone call with someone at sfe (who suggested that there could have been a mistake of adding an extra number by accident which would throw it into the hundreds of thousands if you see what I mean).

im just so worried that ill end up with far less money while at uni than what I should be getting, can this be resolved once sfe receive this new form?
Reply 1
bump
Original post by izzy4509x
hi, this is a sort of update to a previous thread but basically student finance approved my maintenance loan for starting uni sept 2023 to be the minimum for away from home/outside London. except that threshold = an annual household income of £62,000 which is thousands more than my parents combined income. we're sending in another form to try and re-do the details based on a phone call with someone at sfe (who suggested that there could have been a mistake of adding an extra number by accident which would throw it into the hundreds of thousands if you see what I mean).

im just so worried that ill end up with far less money while at uni than what I should be getting, can this be resolved once sfe receive this new form?

Hi there,

When did you send another form to us? You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 3
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

When did you send another form to us? You would need to contact us so we can check this for you. You can use the live chat option online in your account.

Thanks,
Claire

a few days ago, maybe 2, following a phone call
a few days ago, maybe 2, following a phone call

Hi there, If the new PFF2 form was sent around 2 days ago this wouldn't be processed by the team until around 19/05. Our timescales are estimates and are subject to daily change. Once it has been reviewed the team will be back in contact with you.
You can view the estimated date for this to be reviewed on your online account under the application tracker. You can find out how to view this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo

Thanks, Karen
Reply 5
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, If the new PFF2 form was sent around 2 days ago this wouldn't be processed by the team until around 19/05. Our timescales are estimates and are subject to daily change. Once it has been reviewed the team will be back in contact with you.
You can view the estimated date for this to be reviewed on your online account under the application tracker. You can find out how to view this here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a4p4IP1lzo

Thanks, Karen

we were told the processing would take up to 9 days
Reply 6
will this get fixed though? its really unfair that I could be getting a smaller maintenance loan that what im entitled to as again my annual household income is nowhere near £62,000
will this get fixed though? its really unfair that I could be getting a smaller maintenance loan that what im entitled to as again my annual household income is nowhere near £62,000

Our timescales are estimates and are subject to daily change. Once it has been reviewed the team will be in contact with you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 8
its been the 9 business days they said it would take, when they get back to me will it be fixed ?
its been the 9 business days they said it would take, when they get back to me will it be fixed ?

Our timescales are estimates so can change up or down depending on how busy we are. If you use the live chat option online in your account, we can check this for you.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 10
Original post by Claire SFE
Our timescales are estimates so can change up or down depending on how busy we are. If you use the live chat option online in your account, we can check this for you.

Thanks,
Claire

where is the live chat option?
where is the live chat option?

If you click on your application and contact us the option will show for live chat when an adviser is available between Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 12
this is really starting to upset me, ive had another letter (dated 16th may) and the maintenance loan has not changed from the minimum amount - my parents *do not* make anything close to £62,000 why on earth is this not being resolved
this is really starting to upset me, ive had another letter (dated 16th may) and the maintenance loan has not changed from the minimum amount - my parents *do not* make anything close to £62,000 why on earth is this not being resolved

I would advise to contact us via Live Chat or via the helpline on 0300 100 0607 and the team can look into this for you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 14
I would advise to contact us via Live Chat or via the helpline on 0300 100 0607 and the team can look into this for you. Thanks, Karen

that's what we initially did but the letter that I have now has no changes so I don't know what to do
that's what we initially did but the letter that I have now has no changes so I don't know what to do

You would need to contact the team to confirm if the updated figures have been reviewed or if they are still waiting to be reviewed by the team. Thanks, Karen
Reply 16
You would need to contact the team to confirm if the updated figures have been reviewed or if they are still waiting to be reviewed by the team. Thanks, Karen

okay thank you
okay thank you

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending