The Student Room Group

The Online Dating Chat Thread I

Scroll to see replies

What does one do in response to a really annoying generic message from someone who doesn't seem particularly interesting, but who is attractive and clearly happy with the idea of relationships which are primarily physical? Do I talk to someone who answers "No" to the question "Do spelling mistakes annoy you?" for the sake of sex? BE MY MORAL COMPASS, INTERNET STRANGERS.
Reply 301
Original post by Chumbaniya
What does one do in response to a really annoying generic message from someone who doesn't seem particularly interesting, but who is attractive and clearly happy with the idea of relationships which are primarily physical? Do I talk to someone who answers "No" to the question "Do spelling mistakes annoy you?" for the sake of sex? BE MY MORAL COMPASS, INTERNET STRANGERS.

How attractive is the individual on the scale from 1 to 10?
Original post by Na-dia
How attractive is the individual on the scale from 1 to 10?

Maybe 7.5 or 8? Not this-is-a-chance-that-I'd-be-an-idiot-to-miss-out-on hot, but definitely hot.
Reply 303
Maybe 7.5 or 8? Not this-is-a-chance-that-I'd-be-an-idiot-to-miss-out-on hot, but definitely hot.

Go for it!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X
Reply 304

I'd say yes.
Original post by Inverse
Go for it!

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC One X

But then I'll have to interact with someone who's probably a perfectly nice person but not several standard deviations above average intelligence!

Sometimes you have to compromise :tongue:
Reply 307
I've just had some bloke ask me if I'd be his plus one at his mate's wedding :eek:
Reply 308
But then I'll have to interact with someone who's probably a perfectly nice person but not several standard deviations above average intelligence!

You seem to want to hear that you shouldn't do it, sorry. It probably is too bad to compromise. If it was worth it you wouldn't hesitate in the first place.
Original post by Na-dia
You seem to want to hear that you shouldn't do it, sorry. It probably is too bad to compromise. If it was worth it you wouldn't hesitate in the first place.

Actually I just instinctively disagree with anything anyone ever advises me to do.

I messaged her anyway and got a really fast reply back - she definitely seems up for it. I shall persevere - FOR SCIENCE! Wait, no. FOR SEX!
Reply 310
I had some guy from Manchester message me a few days ago. I told him I wasn't interested in dating outside my area as I don't drive, and in September I'll be back at uni full time and working weekends too so no point in having a LDR as I'll never get to see the guy. He seemed to accept this and said about just chatting and he added me on facebook. Big mistake, he now keeps asking me personal questions and pestering me to meet him arrgh

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
I was speaking to three men recently, I had exchanged 3-10 messages with each of them and now it's been days since anyone has replied to me!

Back to square one again :rolleyes:
Original post by Pwhiskers
I was speaking to three men recently, I had exchanged 3-10 messages with each of them and now it's been days since anyone has replied to me!

Back to square one again :rolleyes:

Good to hear it's not just the blokes this happens to ;D
Reply 313
Original post by Bleak Lemming
Good to hear it's not just the blokes this happens to ;D

Secondly that! :smile:

So apart from pof and okcupid is there any other worth while sites?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Original post by DWC
Secondly that! :smile:

So apart from pof and okcupid is there any other worth while sites?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i

Not free like these I don't think! Theres that uniform dating one but isn't that chavvy? Don't even know if it's fee
Reply 315
Not free like these I don't think! Theres that uniform dating one but isn't that chavvy? Don't even know if it's fee

A girl I know uses it as she has a massive thing for soldiers. It's free to join and recieve messages but you have to pay to reply to them. I haven't used it myself so I don't know if its chavvy for not.

Hawt...

Hawt...

:K: Interesting choice of profile picture!

(I'm sorry, that's cruel of me, I'm sure she's a perfectly decent girl)
Reply 318
Maybe we should try some of these tips ladies:
http://allwomenstalk.com/10-best-places-to-meet-eligible-men

Original post by Pwhiskers
:K: Interesting choice of profile picture!

(I'm sorry, that's cruel of me, I'm sure she's a perfectly decent girl)

It would be so much more understandable if she was just straightforwardly very unattractive. But she seems to be a fairly average looking individual trying to take the worst possible profile photo. The glasses, the hairstyle, the clothes, the grin - I find it hard to believe someone could portray themselves so badly without doing it deliberately.

Quick Reply

Latest