The Student Room Group

The Online Dating Chat Thread I

Scroll to see replies

lol i just wanna know what they're in for!
Reply 61
Original post by Bleak Lemming
what theeee.... how old was she????

It was when she was 17-20.
Original post by gemmam
Nope but I know a girl who used to write to men in prison. She never met any of them but they'd send her some pretty saucy mail describing what they wanted to do to her when they got out :eek:

hahaa woww that is rather scary :tongue:
Reply 63
Original post by Billa Bong
hahaa woww that is rather scary :tongue:

Yeh I thought so too, she found it funny though. One of them asked her to erm meet him in a photobooth in Lime Street station on his realease. Romantic.
Original post by gemmam
Yeh I thought so too, she found it funny though. One of them asked her to erm meet him in a photobooth in Lime Street station on his realease. Romantic.

hahaaa lovely :lol:
Got talking to one girl for a month or so who was 'too shy' to meet up and seemed depressed cos she'd just finished uni and didn't know what to do with herself so I ended up deleting her number and stuff cos I didn't wanna be strung along. Anyways a month on she's sent me a couple of messages, so we'll see where that gets to.

Also got another lass who gave me her number today who seems quite nice, sent a few txts back and forth today & she's suggested a meet up so once again, we'll see where that ends up.

+ One more lass I've been messaging on PoF lives round the corner from me, seems decent. Watch this space :P
Reply 66
Checked my okcupid account to see that I got this from a man in his 40s:

AT EACH KISS MEANS" - Kiss on the Forehead: We're cute together . - Kiss on the Cheek: We're friends. - Kiss on the Hand: I adore you. - Kiss on the Neck: I want you, now. - Kiss on the Shoulder: Your perfect. - Kiss on the Lips: I LOVE YOU...

Urgh I've recieved 4 messages since I signed up and not one was worth replying to. On the plus side there is more people in my area on it now then there was last time I used it.
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my ST18i
Original post by gemmam

AT EACH KISS MEANS" - Kiss on the Forehead: We're cute together . - Kiss on the Cheek: We're friends. - Kiss on the Hand: I adore you. - Kiss on the Neck: I want you, now. - Kiss on the Shoulder: Your perfect. - Kiss on the Lips: I LOVE YOU...

Urgh I've recieved 4 messages since I signed up and not one was worth replying to. On the plus side there is more people in my area on it now then there was last time I used it.

I've seen that ****ing irritating quote before. It's the grammar that gets me more than the creepiness.
Reply 68
Original post by Chumbaniya
I've seen that ****ing irritating quote before. It's the grammar that gets me more than the creepiness.

It reminds me of the stuff kids spam facebook pages with.

Original post by gemmam
It reminds me of the stuff kids spam facebook pages with.

Ugh. I have an 11 year old cousin who does this. Everything she does is hidden from my feed, of course.
Reply 70
Original post by Chumbaniya
Ugh. I have an 11 year old cousin who does this. Everything she does is hidden from my feed, of course.

At least shes a 11 year old girl so its not that bad, when you're a man in your 40s however...
I was thinking about putting in my message me if section something along the lines of "if you're going to write me something worth replying to" but I don't want to come across as being snotty.

Reply 71
lool
Reply 72
My sister is getting married next year and she has infomed me that it would be nice if I brought a girlfriend along, so I have 12 months to meet a nice girl. :awesome:

It's been a while since I have met a girl that I've had a 'crush' on, y'know the butterflys and what not. Doubt I'll meet anyone on a dating website either. :sad:

Why can't all the lonely singletons on TSR just get together. :ahee:
Reply 73
Original post by gemmam

Why are you on okcupid?

Surely you have boys queuing up? :awesome:

ahhh, it's stuff like that that explains why I haven't had a girlfriend for so long. :cool:
Reply 74
Original post by Miss.V
I've never done it as it scares me tbh.. It's way too easy to lie behind a screen.

Hi, I'm a multi-millionaire business tycoon. How about I take you out sometime? :colone:
Reply 75
Omg just had some man offer to be a slave for me for 24 hours. I'm half tempted to take him up on the offer to do DIY jobs.

Reply 76
I once had an experience of online dating. I registered on a chat web site and started chatting with a guy who seemed nice ( what kind of guy would seem nice when I was 15? haha), soon enough we started texting each other and he sent me pictures of him so I kind of knew what to expect :grin: We met at some point and liked each other, so we decided to meet once again. It ended in two weeks because he said that he found someone who would let him have sex with her :s-smilie: I was not prepared for such experience as I was a virgin and it was not what I was looking for.

Not the best story on here I know haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by gemmam
Omg just had some man offer to be a slave for me for 24 hours. I'm half tempted to take him up on the offer to do DIY jobs.

:eek: Dunno if you noticed but he probably wants to be paid.. in sex ;P :u: (i'm sure you noticed)
Reply 78
Original post by Dorito
Why are you on okcupid?

Surely you have boys queuing up? :awesome:

ahhh, it's stuff like that that explains why I haven't had a girlfriend for so long. :cool:

Sadly no. I've hardly got to go out to meet men much the past few years as most of my mates have kids. I probably get to go on a proper night out 4 times a year if that.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by Bleak Lemming
:eek: Dunno if you noticed but he probably wants to be paid.. in sex ;P :u: (i'm sure you noticed)

I know just thought I'd message him that to see what he says. I keep getting one of the gents I previously met suggested to me which is annoying "Nobody has contacted him this week. Go for it" erm it maybe because in his profile pic he looks like Anders Breivik?

Quick Reply

Latest