The Student Room Group

Accounting and Finance applicants for 2013 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lmartynofficial
aaah too bad. what was the second stage actually...? the online tests...?

Yep. Those were the online tests.
Sorry about the two-week late reply..
Trying my hand at a forum. TSR is the best place to start.. So they say :smile:

:penguin:
I am also applying for A+F :smile:

GCSEs: 5As,4Bs, 3Cs

AS Grades (and subject): B- Business,C- Psychology, B- Philosophy,B- Sociology
Subjects taking onto A2: Business (Predicted A) Psychology (Predicted B) Philosophy (Predicted B)
Universities i'm applying to: University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham, University of Huddersfield, Manchester Metropolitan, Northumbria
Feel free to ask about the A&F course at Loughborough if anyone's interested :smile:
Reply 63
Grades : 8A* 1A 1B (IGCSE)

5A's at AS level (three sciences, maths (286/300 ums) and psychology)
3A* 1A predictions (physics, maths, bio A*, and A for chem)

CAN i still apply for the KPMG student leaver programme?
Reply 64
Hello guys, i would really appreciate your help, as i'm so confused!
My Gcses are: A*- Math
A- core science, additional science, history, media studies, photography,english literature
B- business, economics, english language and R.E short course.

AS: B- Maths, biology, economics and a C in chemistry.
A2 Predictions: A (maths) A (Biology) A (economics)
With a really good personal statement and substantial work experience, what universities do you think i should apply for, i'm thinking of:
Nottingham, sheffield, manchester and leeds. I really would love to go bristol but am i being unrealistic, or am i being unrealistic with manchester and leeds as well?
Please urgent help! Many thanks.
Reply 65
Original post by uxa595
With a good PS, i'd go for Warwick, LSE, Notts, Manc/Leeds.

I got into Warwick, and had an offer for LSE with poor GCSE's, average A levels and a good PS.
4 A's at GCSE (no A*'s), AABE at AS, A*AA prediction.

Thanks man, really appreciate it!
I would definitely try for those kind of unis, so bristol is in reach with a good ps?
Reply 66
Original post by uxa595
With a good PS, i'd go for Warwick, LSE, Notts, Manc/Leeds.

I got into Warwick, and had an offer for LSE with poor GCSE's, average A levels and a good PS.
4 A's at GCSE (no A*'s), AABE at AS, A*AA prediction.

and sorry how're you finding warwick? what year was this btw?
Reply 67
Hi guys, I am applying for Accounting & Finance, but not sure if I should consider Nottingham university because their course in on "Accounting & Finance with Contemporary China Msci". Can someone tell me if this course is a good course?

Because I went to unistats and check the satisfaction etc, it seem really low.

Thank you for helping me :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by miki88
Hi guys, I am applying for Accounting & Finance, but not sure if I should consider Nottingham university because their course in on "Accounting & Finance with Contemporary China Msci". Can someone tell me if this course is a good course?

Because I went to unistats and check the satisfaction etc, it seem really low.

Thank you for helping me :smile:

I'm applying for Nottingham, but for the Finance, Accounting and Management course, which may be more in line with what you're looking for.:smile:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/business/finance-accounting-management.aspx
Reply 69
hi,

i got,

6A*s 5As at GCSE,

AAABC at AS (maths A, history A, econ B but was one UMS off an A so i can easily bump this up hopefully, classics A, FM C)
and AAA predictions at A level hoping to get history to an A*

what are the chances getting in places like LSE, warwick, bath and cass?
Original post by tunza1
hi,

i got,

6A*s 5As at GCSE,

AAABC at AS (maths A, history A, econ B but was one UMS off an A so i can easily bump this up hopefully, classics A, FM C)
and AAA predictions at A level hoping to get history to an A*

what are the chances getting in places like LSE, warwick, bath and cass?

A very good chance indeed!
Original post by Icedancer95
I am also applying for A+F :smile:

GCSEs: 5As,4Bs, 3Cs

AS Grades (and subject): B- Business,C- Psychology, B- Philosophy,B- Sociology
Subjects taking onto A2: Business (Predicted A) Psychology (Predicted B) Philosophy (Predicted B)
Universities i'm applying to: University of Liverpool, University of Birmingham, University of Huddersfield, Manchester Metropolitan, Northumbria

Where's Maths?
Original post by J.Nalbandian14
Where's Maths?

What do you mean?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
What do you mean?

No I mean at ALevel
No I mean at ALevel

None of the universities I've applied to require A level maths, just a good maths gcse.

None of the universities I've applied to require A level maths, just a good maths gcse.

Oh right, fair enough. Infact only Brunel and Bath require Maths at ALevel.
Original post by dudleyian
Feel free to ask about the A&F course at Loughborough if anyone's interested :smile:

YES. Not about the course, but out of curiosity what were your AS'? :smile: Aaaand, did any people you know not get an offer from Loughborough for A&F?

I reeeaally want to go there, but I have no idea how competitive it is or anything, and now I've gone and got my bloody sights set on it and I'm scared of not getting an offer haha. :biggrin:
Oh right, fair enough. Infact only Brunel and Bath require Maths at ALevel.

Yeah most universities require a grade B in gcse maths but I haven't come across many who need A level maths.

Yeah most universities require a grade B in gcse maths but I haven't come across many who need A level maths.

Yes the reduced emphasis on ALevel Maths is a relief, because I got a solid A in gcse Maths but an E at AS.
Reply 79
Original post by Meg95
I'm applying for Nottingham, but for the Finance, Accounting and Management course, which may be more in line with what you're looking for.:smile:

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy/courses/business/finance-accounting-management.aspx

Oh, thank you for clearing it up :smile:
what other university are you applying for? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending