The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by thompsonic7
Nah, it's part time- during term time I teach evenings and weekends, and during the holidays I do 9-4.30, so it's pretty perfect. Absolutely heartbroken about leaving for Uni because I'm so attached to the kids- they gote a pandora cha and a signed picture with all their little messages as a leaving present :love:

Aww. It's nice that you had a job that you enjoy so much. Is that the kind of thing you plan to do after uni?
Reply 1981
12 days
Original post by mahjongmagic
Sorry I didn't see this before, but congrats :clap2::parrot::clap2:

Ah thank you! :smile:
Original post by SecretCircus
Ok, well he's one of the loveliest, funniest, clever (and attractive haha) people I know, and he's been such a good friend to me :smile:. We only started talking properly at the beginning of sixth form, but for the past few months we've gotten really close. I wasn't sure if he felt the same because he's nice to everyone, but he treats me a little differently and then eventually today he just came out with it that he likes me and asked if he was he wrong in thinking that I liked him too. Now we're together haha.

As that's lovely congrats :smile:

:smile:
Original post by eemooz
:woo: congratulations! :biggrin:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Thank you :biggrin:.
Reply 1985
Original post by lilGem
Ah yes that's it :smile: I wish you the very best of luck :woo:

I absolutely love it even the ecology elements :colondollar: I kind of have two teachers for A2 (I'm getting a new teacher in Sept who's the head of human bio) both of which seem to like me which is always good :redface:

It's bad when among your friends you're known as the "Biology genius" and variations of :rolleyes:

I loved the ecology module haha :biggrin:
The teacher that hates me thought I was going to flop biology in January, and when I got an A, she was all sarcastic :angry: sighhhhhh, and she was a terrible teacher haha!

Biology genius?! Hahahah you little nerd :P :cool:

Reply 1986
Ok, well he's one of the loveliest, funniest, clever (and attractive haha) people I know, and he's been such a good friend to me :smile:. We only started talking properly at the beginning of sixth form, but for the past few months we've gotten really close. I wasn't sure if he felt the same because he's nice to everyone, but he treats me a little differently and then eventually today he just came out with it that he likes me and asked if he was he wrong in thinking that I liked him too. Now we're together haha.

When and where did he come out with it? :smile:
Reply 1987

Awww that's so sweet :love: I wish you both the very best

Congratulations :woo:
Original post by mahjongmagic
Fairly good, continuing my Olympic watching with trampolining :sexface:

Fun times :P I figured I don't have to watch what's going on as I can hear a running commentary from my family shouting.

Original post by Jakeeyy
I was on the way to see my friend play a gig so I had to eat it quickly haha. Shouldn't have bought one anyway, awful nutrition!

Aah fair enough. And yeah,they are. xD More calories than a big mac if I remember right..
Not long left now eh
Original post by Jellybeany
As that's lovely congrats :smile:

:smile:

Thank you! (:

Original post by Arva
When and where did he come out with it? :smile:

It was about an hour ago - he texted me saying he needed to see me for a chat and I was a bit worried! Went to his house because it was tipping it down and we'd be alone there :smile:.
Reply 1991
Original post by Arva
I had really good teachers who were also loads of fun. Hoping I got an A in the AS. I think Latin has the steepest learning curve of any subject at GCSE level; you cover almost all of the grammar and then it's just a question of memorising vocab and practicing. The jump from GCSE to AS is pretty small, and I've been told the jump to A2 is pretty small too.

That said I think I've been a bit complacent with it this year because of my double A*s in it last year, so I might have really let myself down by not revising enough. :lol:

Next year I will work! ...I hope. :tongue:

Ah I'm sure you have done fantastic! I only has two years to learn all the grammar, and only one lesson a week! Haha xD

Hahha that's what I say EVERY year XD

Original post by lilGem
Awww that's so sweet :love: I wish you both the very best

Congratulations :woo:

Haha, aw thank you :tongue:. I don't think I've smiled quite so much in ages!
Original post by seanahnuk
Not long left now eh

I'm kind of really glad about this because I'm getting impatient, but I sort of want the day to never come.
Reply 1994
Original post by eemooz
I loved the ecology module haha :biggrin:
The teacher that hates me thought I was going to flop biology in January, and when I got an A, she was all sarcastic :angry: sighhhhhh, and she was a terrible teacher haha!

Biology genius?! Hahahah you little nerd :P :cool:

We only have a small amount of ecology but I still enjoy it. I think biochemistry is my area :love:

:lol: My Lead tutor thought I would get a D In January since I hadn't done it since year 11 and I got an A (well near enough 1 mark off)

I have people coming to me for help with their homework, including some people who have just left :colondollar: so I'm helping out at biology workshop next year (well continuing to) :cool:
Reply 1995
Haha, aw thank you :tongue:. I don't think I've smiled quite so much in ages!

Aww you have every reason to smile :yep:
Reply 1996

It was about an hour ago - he texted me saying he needed to see me for a chat and I was a bit worried! Went to his house because it was tipping it down and we'd be alone there :smile:.

Awesome. Props to him, that's a brave way of doing it. :smile:
Hey, waiting for my AS- level results at the moment and have a question for all of you A2 completer's. Just wondering if I should start looking over some of my A2 work now during the summer or just relax? Had no homework set for any of my subjects apart from having to read genome for Biology
Reply 1998
Original post by eemooz
Ah I'm sure you have done fantastic! I only has two years to learn all the grammar, and only one lesson a week! Haha xD

Hahha that's what I say EVERY year XD

We'll see I guess. :lol:

I say it every year too. :tongue:
Original post by adamcusirinzon
Hey, waiting for my AS- level results at the moment and have a question for all of you A2 completer's. Just wondering if I should start looking over some of my A2 work now during the summer or just relax? Had no homework set for any of my subjects apart from having to read genome for Biology

Relax

Latest