The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by . .
The greatest feeling is getting the grade you want by just one by just 1 UMS mark.
The worst feeling is missing the grade you want by just 1 UMS mark.

thats true, although its slightly worse when you pay to remark a paper.. and it goes down...

you paid to get a worse grade?!
Reply 781
Original post by Arva
dxdy=12cosy\displaystyle \dfrac{dx}{dy} = \dfrac{1}{2}\cos y

As we know, dydx=1dxdy \displaystyle \dfrac{dy}{dx} = \dfrac {1}{\dfrac{dx}{dy}}

Therefore:

dydx=10.5cosy\displaystyle \dfrac{dy}{dx} = \dfrac{1}{0.5\cos y}

You can now convert Cos y into terms of x:

x2=14sin2ycosy=14x2x^2 = \dfrac{1}{4}\sin^2y \therefore \cos y = \sqrt{1-4x^2}

10.5\dfrac{1}{0.5} Obviously equals 2, so you're left with the final answer.

Sorry that took so long, I haven't laTexed Maths in ages. Hope it all makes sense, let me know if anything doesn't.

Yep perfect sense...I have done hardly any practice questions...was doing a past paper to see what i needed most practice on- trig manipulation... From ur x2=14sin2ycosy=14x2x^2 = \dfrac{1}{4}\sin^2y \therefore \cos y = \sqrt{1-4x^2}

bit i used the identity cos^2x+sin^2x=1 to manipulate it into the answer...thanks soo much...if TSR finally lets me i will rep you...might take a while though as it keeps saying no..

:sexface:
ce:
12 days 7 hours. :sexface:
Reply 783
Original post by eemooz
thats true, although its slightly worse when you pay to remark a paper.. and it goes down...

you paid to get a worse grade?!

Fortunately not. All my remarks have gone up a grade. What about you?
Reply 784
Original post by AngryCheeseCake
I went to a sixth form, oh my goodnesss...

No independence at all.

Some bratty year 12s stole from tesco, and the 6th forms responce was to lock the gate at break time to we couldn't go out.

We were also not allowed free periods unless they were after lunch, otherwise you were stuffed into an IT room and supervised.

wow unfortunate, i went to a sixthform and it was amazing!
we were allowed out whenever we had a free, :biggrin:
Reply 785
Original post by . .
Fortunately not. All my remarks have gone up a grade. What about you?

haha i remarked a biology paper last year... it went down haha :cry:
Original post by eemooz
biology chemistry maths,

okay------> bad ----->worse :frown:

i hope you get the grades you want :smile:

Some hardcore subjects right there haha! I'm sure you did fine, what are you hoping to do at uni?

Thanks a lot, you too :smile:
Reply 787
Original post by kitkat19
Yep perfect sense...I have done hardly any practice questions...was doing a past paper to see what i needed most practice on- trig manipulation... From ur x2=14sin2ycosy=14x2x^2 = \dfrac{1}{4}\sin^2y \therefore \cos y = \sqrt{1-4x^2}

bit i used the identity cos^2x+sin^2x=1 to manipulate it into the answer...thanks soo much...if TSR finally lets me i will rep you...might take a while though as it keeps saying no..

ce:

No problem. This reminds me of the days when me and Raheem were lording it up answering everyone's questions in the C3 and 4 Maths revision threads before the exam. :moon:

:lol::lol:

Glad it helped. Also glad I've still got it slightly.
Reply 788
Original post by Arva
No problem. This reminds me of the days when me and Raheem were lording it up answering everyone's questions in the C3 and 4 Maths revision threads before the exam. :moon:

:lol::lol:

Glad it helped. Also glad I've still got it slightly.

you've definitely still got it!!...and im glad i reminded you of the good times!!...

Reply 789
Original post by eemooz
haha i remarked a biology paper last year... it went down haha :cry:

:shock: by how much?
Reply 790
Original post by TonyH663
Some hardcore subjects right there haha! I'm sure you did fine, what are you hoping to do at uni?

Thanks a lot, you too :smile:

hoping to do medicine haha :biggrin: my firms clinical science, but they have this transfer thing. so if i do well, they may transfer me :biggrin:

what about you? :smile:
Reply 791
I went to a sixth form, oh my goodnesss...

No independence at all.

Some bratty year 12s stole from tesco, and the 6th forms responce was to lock the gate at break time to we couldn't go out.

We were also not allowed free periods unless they were after lunch, otherwise you were stuffed into an IT room and supervised.

I feel your pain.

Maybe not quite as bad as that, but still.

There was a cafe at the end of the driveway to the sixth form, the school opened their own cafe inside the sixth form and the food was disgusting, so we kept going to the cafe. To make it as awkward as possible, they insisted that we had to sign in and out every time we went to the cafe. It lasted maybe a week :tongue:

It wasn't even the teachers at the Sixth Form, it was the senior management who were the pains in the a*se.
Original post by wibletg
I feel your pain.

Maybe not quite as bad as that, but still.

There was a cafe at the end of the driveway to the sixth form, the school opened their own cafe inside the sixth form and the food was disgusting, so we kept going to the cafe. To make it as awkward as possible, they insisted that we had to sign in and out every time we went to the cafe. It lasted maybe a week :tongue:

It wasn't even the teachers at the Sixth Form, it was the senior management who were the pains in the a*se.

snort.

I bet that just encouraged people

"F the system, I'll go to the rival cafe.."
Reply 793
Original post by kitkat19
you've definitely still got it!!...and im glad i reminded you of the good times!!...

:cool: Cheers. Feel free to let me know if you ever need something explained, I quite enjoy it as long as I'm not busy (I'm weird like that).

I was really glad I went to a college rather than a sixth form, even though the college I went to wasn't great and the "local" sixth forms (I say local, the nearest is an hour away on the train :lol: ) are much better. I felt a lot more free in college, we could wear whatever we wanted to, if we didn't have a lecture we could just do whatever the hell we wanted, no registration, no bells, no younger kids running around - my only full day was Mondays in second year, the rest of the week I ended up not going in until lunchtime on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and being home before lunch on Wednesdays and Fridays :lol:
Reply 795
snort.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened :tongue:

In response, the senior manager stationed teachers at the end of the driveway - teachers who couldn't give a flying f*ck. I must have walked past them with a bacon sandwich in hand about 20 times :tongue:
Reply 796
snort.

We have a pub literally 2 seconds away from the college so most of the U6 went there. . .and the Tesco's about 2 minutes away as is the most adorable old style sweet shop and in longer frees people walked into Winchester for a starbucks or similar :rolleyes: . We have a huge 2 story common room where people get food, vending machines, a shop and a cafe but it's so overpriced :colone:
Reply 797
Original post by . .
:shock: by how much?

by ten ums or something, cant quite remember,
tbh i dont know why i remarked it, i was SLEEPING in that exam. literally writing and sleeping at the same time haha, i retook it and got best in the class though :biggrin:
Reply 798
Original post by Arva
:cool: Cheers. Feel free to let me know if you ever need something explained, I quite enjoy it as long as I'm not busy (I'm weird like that).

Thats not weird..im the 'go to girl' for maths at my school...explaining to people helps me to understand it better myself...its due to my lack of practice and the fact that i learnt it myself that im a bit under par in c3...by the time its jan tho i should be ready xD....

we are thankful for people like you on this thread...I need to write my personal statement...its soo hard to write :frown:..
Reply 799
Original post by eemooz
by ten ums or something, cant quite remember,
tbh i dont know why i remarked it, i was SLEEPING in that exam. literally writing and sleeping at the same time haha, i retook it and got best in the class though :biggrin:

:redface: I've had those sleeping exams too. One exam I just went to sleep never wrote anything down beside my name. It was a resit and I already had an A grade in it so it was okay. Invigilator tried to wake me but I told him to go away and kept coming back every 5 minutes. :mad:

Latest