The Student Room Group

Below average grades

Hey buddies,
Just got my AS-Level results and I have got D in Maths and Physics and E in hem :frown:(. Feeling low and confused. What should I do now? should I take the retests? Is there any way I can switch to commerce subjects now? HELP!!!!
Chris
Original post by kaye87
Hey buddies,
Just got my AS-Level results and I have got D in Maths and Physics and E in hem :frown:(. Feeling low and confused. What should I do now? should I take the retests? Is there any way I can switch to commerce subjects now? HELP!!!!
Chris

Hello Chris,

Sorry that Nicola wasn't able to answer your question but I am going to try to do so as best I can. Sorry to hear about your results. The important thing to consider is whether you feel that you met your potential and there is room to improve. There is no harm in resitting them if you feel that you can do better, but you need to be realistic as unless you re-take the year you will have A-level modules to sit too. The best thing to do is to discuss your options with your school to see what they think you're capable of. Remember that lot's of people find themselves in this situation and come out of their A-levels with good grades so don't panic.

You may find this thread useful http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2065830

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending