The Student Room Group

Help with A level results!!!

Hey There!
Well I got my AS results yesterday. I got a D in my biology which was a big surprise becasue it was my stringest subject and I scored the highest in it in the mock tests. I got two A's one B and this D. This leads me to think that they could not read my handwriting in the Bio papers becasue I was told by my teacher to try to write as neatly as possible, which I did, becasue she was used to my handwriting an examiner may find it hard to read it. Biology is my favorite subject and I tried exeptionally hard in it and when I walked out of the exam hall I was sure I would do good, when I thought I screwed my maths I ended uo with an A. Could it be possible that they had a hard time reading everything and just marked whatever they could, would they do that? Would a recheck which means a another examiner help? My handwriting isnt that bad but I do agree it is a bit hard for a first timer to read. You may say im using this as an excuse :wink: but Bio is my best subject.
Reply 1
Hi there !
I am in a similar circumstance to you , my Biology exam went REALLY WELL or so i though :s , i still managed to get a B but it took me by surprise aswell , i think that my handwriting may have let me down on some of the larger 6/10 mark essay questions that were scattered around the paper , so ive ordered my paper back and am going to have a look through it , as well as the any text on the extra pages , and only then decide whether a remark is worth it or not. Can i ask what exam board your on ?
Reply 2
Original post by Alphaxtroop
Hi there !
I am in a similar circumstance to you , my Biology exam went REALLY WELL or so i though :s , i still managed to get a B but it took me by surprise aswell , i think that my handwriting may have let me down on some of the larger 6/10 mark essay questions that were scattered around the paper , so ive ordered my paper back and am going to have a look through it , as well as the any text on the extra pages , and only then decide whether a remark is worth it or not. Can i ask what exam board your on ?

Im doing edexcel. So it is possible that they did not bother reading it. Judging by how much I paid them per paper I thought they would try all they could to understand every word on the paper. What exam board are you doing?
Reply 3
Original post by TheMJCG
Im doing edexcel. So it is possible that they did not bother reading it. Judging by how much I paid them per paper I thought they would try all they could to understand every word on the paper. What exam board are you doing?

Im on OCR , I feel i definitely need to see where i made mistakes and also if there are any extra marks that they havent included , i feel really dissapointed in myself since i always take pride in Biology being my best subject ! I was hoping for an A in this paper so i could offset my terrible Maths grade :tongue: I have a decent A in the first unit of my Biology but this second module just hasnt gone to plan , or so ive thought.

GOOD LUCK with any of your future modules :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending