Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey There!
    Well I got my AS results yesterday. I got a D in my biology which was a big surprise becasue it was my stringest subject and I scored the highest in it in the mock tests. I got two A's one B and this D. This leads me to think that they could not read my handwriting in the Bio papers becasue I was told by my teacher to try to write as neatly as possible, which I did, becasue she was used to my handwriting an examiner may find it hard to read it. Biology is my favorite subject and I tried exeptionally hard in it and when I walked out of the exam hall I was sure I would do good, when I thought I screwed my maths I ended uo with an A. Could it be possible that they had a hard time reading everything and just marked whatever they could, would they do that? Would a recheck which means a another examiner help? My handwriting isnt that bad but I do agree it is a bit hard for a first timer to read. You may say im using this as an excuse but Bio is my best subject.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there !
    I am in a similar circumstance to you , my Biology exam went REALLY WELL or so i though :s , i still managed to get a B but it took me by surprise aswell , i think that my handwriting may have let me down on some of the larger 6/10 mark essay questions that were scattered around the paper , so ive ordered my paper back and am going to have a look through it , as well as the any text on the extra pages , and only then decide whether a remark is worth it or not. Can i ask what exam board your on ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphaxtroop)
    Hi there !
    I am in a similar circumstance to you , my Biology exam went REALLY WELL or so i though :s , i still managed to get a B but it took me by surprise aswell , i think that my handwriting may have let me down on some of the larger 6/10 mark essay questions that were scattered around the paper , so ive ordered my paper back and am going to have a look through it , as well as the any text on the extra pages , and only then decide whether a remark is worth it or not. Can i ask what exam board your on ?
    Im doing edexcel. So it is possible that they did not bother reading it. Judging by how much I paid them per paper I thought they would try all they could to understand every word on the paper. What exam board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMJCG)
    Im doing edexcel. So it is possible that they did not bother reading it. Judging by how much I paid them per paper I thought they would try all they could to understand every word on the paper. What exam board are you doing?
    Im on OCR , I feel i definitely need to see where i made mistakes and also if there are any extra marks that they havent included , i feel really dissapointed in myself since i always take pride in Biology being my best subject ! I was hoping for an A in this paper so i could offset my terrible Maths grade I have a decent A in the first unit of my Biology but this second module just hasnt gone to plan , or so ive thought.

GOOD LUCK with any of your future modules

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.