The Student Room Group

Do other universities use Blackboard?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Vousden
Yeah I imagine about 95% of unis use it, UWE, Southampton, Bristol and Leeds all do. I don't see what's wrong with it? What would be a better way to upload lecture slides/journal articles?

To a normal filesystem instead of a clunky interface to what is essentially the same thing?
Reply 21
Original post by mimx
To a normal filesystem instead of a clunky interface to what is essentially the same thing?

What on a shared drive? Would be much more difficult to access away from uni. Also it doesn't have the same functionality as BB in terms of things like having Turnitin windows and online tests/MCQs.
Reply 22
Original post by Vousden
What on a shared drive? Would be much more difficult to access away from uni.

No, on a normal filesystem but accessible online, like:

http://www.zen134237.zen.co.uk/

Technically this is also an interface, but at least it's a decent one.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Every University uses blackboard
I tonight all universities would use it these days considering they were using it when I started my first degree in 2003!

Posted from my Galaxy note
When I was in UCL they used blackboard.

My current university uses something similar to blackboard. I think every university has some sort of equivalent to it.
Bangor does, quite like it myself now I know my way around.
Aberdeen
Bath Spa uses it but for some stupid reason calls it 'minerva'
Manchester uses it but my lecturers are really organised so they put everything in folders that are where you'd expect them to be (e.g. handbooks under course information, lecture slides in their folder in course content etc). I think it really depends on the person putting the things on Bb as to how pleasant it is to use.
Reply 30
Bangor University does too! The announcements from it just clog up my uni email ><

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending