The Student Room Group
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Bsc Psychology

Hello, it would be very helpful if someone who has graduated from the degree I am doing which is a bsc in psychology to give me some advice.
I know that is very broad, but is there anything I should be aware about, I can't lie I have found certain things challenging with the 1st year such as the research report specifically interpreting the results, I have just started getting my head around SPSS.
Also exams, there are a bit different to doing A levels as you get so much past papers, I will be honest for uni I am not sure what to expect. It doesn't help that I had COVID and missed the mock exam so I have to just go through the slides now.

I can't lie as well at the start of the year I was motivated, disciplined and working hard and throughout the year this has just decreased.

It would be so valuable and helpful if someone who has graduated or done something similar could give me some advice.

Maybe I am panicking as we are at the end of the 1st year which has gone fast and I am getting worried about exams and assignments as I am not 100% sure of what to expect.
I also don't want to resit any assignments during the summer.
Original post by miqyd
Hello, it would be very helpful if someone who has graduated from the degree I am doing which is a bsc in psychology to give me some advice.
I know that is very broad, but is there anything I should be aware about, I can't lie I have found certain things challenging with the 1st year such as the research report specifically interpreting the results, I have just started getting my head around SPSS.
Also exams, there are a bit different to doing A levels as you get so much past papers, I will be honest for uni I am not sure what to expect. It doesn't help that I had COVID and missed the mock exam so I have to just go through the slides now.

I can't lie as well at the start of the year I was motivated, disciplined and working hard and throughout the year this has just decreased.

It would be so valuable and helpful if someone who has graduated or done something similar could give me some advice.

Maybe I am panicking as we are at the end of the 1st year which has gone fast and I am getting worried about exams and assignments as I am not 100% sure of what to expect.
I also don't want to resit any assignments during the summer.

Hi @miqyd,

I hope you're well. I would definitely have a chat with one of your lecturers if you're feeling anxious about exams - they can go through with you about what to expect from University level exams, and might also be able to give you access to the past paper again. As a current student you should also be able to log in and access the university repository of past papers - I've included the link here! Your lecturers will always be more than happy to go through things you're struggling with in their office hours too, which should be listed on Blackboard (if not, they'll be on their office doors!). Please make sure you reach out to staff if you're struggling - they're all there to help. You've also got your support team in the School Office called your Student Progression Advisors. You should also be able to find their details on Blackboard too!

As someone who's also been through University and got stressed about exams, the best thing you can do is reach out about any subjects you're unsure of, and take a look at any feedback you've had on assignments you've done! Lecturers always leave really helpful tips in their feedback notes, which they'll be happy to go through with you too.

Best of luck with your exams - I'm sure you'll do well, we're all rooting for you!
All the best,
Becky
University of Salford Rep
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending