The Student Room Group

What % is Cambridge exam pass grade??

As a bio natsci fresher I'm slightly getting behind now. I'm curious about what percentage would I need to pass my end of year exams and if I fail, what happens? Would I need to retake first year or get kicked out? I'm honestly scared rn, please help
Do you have many exams?
Reply 2
4, one for each subject
per term or year?
Reply 4
per year
I don't know the exact grade, but I think it's probably around 40 or 50% (Third-Class Honours), right?
Original post by 121254Gnrdocarmo
I don't know the exact grade, but I think it's probably around 40 or 50% (Third-Class Honours), right?

Does anyone know exactly the minimum grade required?
Original post by Bookworm524
As a bio natsci fresher I'm slightly getting behind now. I'm curious about what percentage would I need to pass my end of year exams and if I fail, what happens? Would I need to retake first year or get kicked out? I'm honestly scared rn, please help

Look on blackboard at the course handbook, it will explain on there. Also talk to your DoS asap. The earlier they know you are struggling the more help you can get.
Pass grade is 40%
Talk to your DoS if you're struggling, they are there to help you
Check your course handbook.

Probably 40% but a pass on all credits.
Here is the marking and classing information for IA natsci, agreeing with the above at 40%: https://www.natsci.tripos.cam.ac.uk/exams/marks-ia

I would also like to agree with what the others have said about speaking to your DoS if you feel like you are struggling. If you have specific things you find difficult you can talk to your supervisors too. Congrats on getting into Cambridge and do remember it is a difficult course, lots (if not all!) of us feel like we are behind and/or struggling at some point, and especially in first term when everything is so new, both the content and the style of learning. You're also around week 5 now right, which is notorious for feeling the worst in term. You will improve so much over the course of the year. Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending