The Student Room Group

What do you think the ideal weight for a 6"2 man is..?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by SEHughes
Yeah, but his physique is nothing you won't see in countless gyms across the country. His technical skill (and marketable face) is what makes him stand out.

You can see he's gained the weight very gradually over a few years - you can do the same.

You won't see his physique with a lot of people in gyms, maybe one or two, he spends a lot more time working out than anyone else can. Remember he is a professional athlete. Messi's better anyway, lol
Reply 21
Original post by SEHughes
Yeah, but his physique is nothing you won't see in countless gyms across the country. His technical skill (and marketable face) is what makes him stand out.

You can see he's gained the weight very gradually over a few years - you can do the same.

You won't see his physique with a lot of people in gyms, maybe one or two, he spends a lot more time working out than anyone else can. Remember he is a professional athlete. Messi's better anyway, lol. I always see him doing these pointless step overs that don't do anything and Messi just goes round them, simple
I have a swimmer's build, and despite putting on a few pounds of fat due to a few months of inactivity, I'm still in the 180 region. They often say that for every inch of height, ten pounds is added. For a 6'2" guy, I'd say, provided he isn't overweight, or carrying an excess amount of fat (thin, but skinny-fat, for example)- I'd say that he should be in the region of 200, 210 at the most.
Reply 23
I'm 6'2, and I weigh 16 stone. Don't have much body fat, but I'm built like a tank - 38" waist, huge shoulders etc.
Personally, I think that when you're quite tall, being heavyset looks much better than being really thin.
Original post by newts2k
You won't see his physique with a lot of people in gyms, maybe one or two, he spends a lot more time working out than anyone else can. Remember he is a professional athlete. Messi's better anyway, lol

Not true. My best mate has a physique like Ronaldo but slightly more muscular. He doesn't train night and day and in fact eats crap. Good genetics bro. But I still think you can get there by having a good diet and training 3-6 days a week depending. It's not about how long you workout. The intensity and balance of your workout and diet are the most important thing. It's 70% nutrition.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by tufc
I'm 6'2, and I weigh 16 stone. Don't have much body fat, but I'm built like a tank - 38" waist, huge shoulders etc.
Personally, I think that when you're quite tall, being heavyset looks much better than being really thin.

38" waist at 6'2 is large whichever way you cut it. You carry a lot more fat than you think. But as long as you're happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by tufc

NO offence but if you have a 38 inch waist, you're certainly carrying some extra chub, haha. But yeah, I think well built does look better than lanky. I have quite broad shoulders but don't have much body fat. I think tall, slim but well build/ripped is the best build rather than massive where it just looks like you can't do much in terms of sport
Reply 27
Original post by silent ninja
Not true. My best mate has a physique like Ronaldo but slightly more muscular. He doesn't train night and day and in fact eats crap. Good genetics bro. But I still think you can get there by having a good diet and training 3-6 days a week depending. It's not about how long you workout. The intensity and balance of your workout and diet are the most important thing. It's 70% nutrition.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah sure, I mean he must train with a lot of intensity, he must eat well, he can't eat junk food and look like that even though genetics do have a lot to do with it
Original post by newts2k
yeah sure, I mean he must train with a lot of intensity, he must eat well, he can't eat junk food and look like that even though genetics do have a lot to do with it

Trust me, he eats crap: doner meat, fried chicken, fries, pasta flooded in mayo, crisps, coke...barely eats anything healthy besides a banana. I know how he eats cos we've room shared. A lot of body builders are like this: gifted with genetics. That's why a lot of them offer **** advice. They don't know how good they've got it. But this is a small group. The rest of us need to eat well and train properly. My friend also has questionable technique with most lifts but it works for him-- the results are there.
Reply 29
38" waist at 6'2 is large whichever way you cut it. You carry a lot more fat than you think. But as long as you're happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have almost no fat on me. I can genuinely pinch nothing on my waist.
Reply 30
Original post by newts2k
NO offence but if you have a 38 inch waist, you're certainly carrying some extra chub, haha. But yeah, I think well built does look better than lanky. I have quite broad shoulders but don't have much body fat. I think tall, slim but well build/ripped is the best build rather than massive where it just looks like you can't do much in terms of sport

I am carrying perhaps 2lbs more than I should. I can fit into a 36" pair of trousers if I want something slightly tighter. I suppose it was misleading because I'm probably a 36" who prefers a baggier look.
Reply 31
I'm 6'2 and 83kg and I have big tits because I do chest 4 times a week.
Original post by tufc
I have almost no fat on me. I can genuinely pinch nothing on my waist.

I'd hazard a guess you've got 4 inches of waist fat. It's not necessarily pinchable. If you shred away all fat, people's waist sizes are tiny and many guys sub 30 even.
Reply 33
Original post by Miza
I'm 6'2 and 83kg and I have big tits because I do chest 4 times a week.

haha, tits. How would you describe your build apart from having quite a bitch chest, slim Im guessing at 13 stone?
I'd hazard a guess you've got 4 inches of waist fat. It's not necessarily pinchable. If you shred away all fat, people's waist sizes are tiny and many guys sub 30 even.

If anything, it is worse to have non pinchable fat. Visceral fat is highly correlated with heart attacks, diabetes etc.
Reply 35
I am 6ft 2 16.5 stone last I checked last year I was a 34 waist and 44 chest when getting measured for a suit, I'm trimming down atm I want to be a fighting weight off 14 stone, I just worry because I am big built I will look unnatural.
Reply 36
I'm 6ft 2 16.5 stone, big built, atm chest around 46 inch waist, 34-36, I'm comfortable with how I am but there is nothing.wrong with trimming up a bit!
I'm not toned but not fat, do mma twice a week as play rugby twice a week, just want rid of my little gut ;-P
Original post by conk92
I'm 6ft 2 16.5 stone, big built, atm chest around 46 inch waist, 34-36, I'm comfortable with how I am but there is nothing.wrong with trimming up a bit!
I'm not toned but not fat, do mma twice a week as play rugby twice a week, just want rid of my little gut ;-P

So, you're fat.
80kg
In my opinion weight alone as a factor is irrelevant, it doesn't take in to consideration bone density, water consumption and fat and muscle weight. If I were you I'd focus on BF% and Muscle Mass. Forget all that BMI and average weight nonesense. Train until you're happy with your physique then maintain it. Drink lots of water, take in over 200g protein a day and try to get 8 hours sleep per night. Happy building!

Quick Reply

Latest