How hard is A level English Literature?

...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
depends if you found gcse hard?
Reply 2
Depends on if you end up with blooming Chaucer :dontknow:
Reply 3
Well easy. Just read lots (English Lit students tend to like reading) and be imaginative.
Reply 4
Depends what your English skills are like already. I've always found written subjects easier, but I enjoy biology more (Woooo :L).
Reply 5
yh i do like reading:smile:
Reply 6
Well literature is better then language isnt it?
Reply 7
It depends upon the person. I find it easy because I enjoy it; I don't mind reading widely, and I'm prone to reading in between lines and looking beyond the superficial. For some of my classmates, who lack enthusiasm, it's more difficult because they're not interested. In other words, I think that if you are passionate about literature, it won't be difficult at all.
Reply 8
Depends on the individual : ) But if you're confident you'll do well, as well as determined, passionate and willing to get the best grade you possibly can! Then why not! Take it! I found it absolutely fine and pleasurable to do the homework, coursework and involve myself in the classroom simply because I love the study of English. So, really, it varies between person to person.
Reply 9
I found it okay at AS, a hell of a lot of reading but it was interesting! The poetry was horrible though! I managed to get a B, but dropped it at AS since it was my worst subject.
Apparently A2 is soooo difficult, but if you find it interesting go for it!!! :biggrin:
Reply 10
alright how are you assessed? coursework , exam etc?
Reply 11
Dont say it was horrible as am planning on doing it next year in sixth form:redface:
Original post by ubi1
Well literature is better then language isnt it?

This is a good idea for you to perhaps explore further on your own, and impress your teacher with an appreciation of language in relation to the literature you study. Of course literature is the sometimes fantastic result of language - a sort of metabolism of language! So neither are really looked upon as competing studies.
Reply 13
i have the worst teacher she wont be impressed its just her second year teaching she doesnt understand many things
I did AS English Lit last year and found it fairly easy. Didn't really do much work because I didn't enjoy it but managed to get a decent grade.
I didn't read a single A level book, still wrote full marking coursework/exam papers on them.I call easy. Let me introduce you to...

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
I've never had experience teaching, but I would imagine she must be capable; they don't let any old fool join the teaching party. Try and be supportive and relaxed in the classroom - this will stimulate the best teaching and learning for an arts subject. :smile:
Reply 17
i kno but my teacher is very strict with marking and its only gcse level most of the people hardly get C and over am getting B's but i know if i had a different one i would have Get A's
Original post by ubi1
i kno but my teacher is very strict with marking and its only gcse level most of the people hardly get C and over am getting B's but i know if i had a different one i would have Get A's

Teachers tend to mark you on the harsher side of the marks in the run up to your exams, to keep you on the workload better. Stick at it, she's doing you a favour by being vigilant.
Reply 19
l can see where your coming from. i laugh if the teacher i get at Alevel is worser haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending