Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polojoe)
    You mean the two spaniards that can't get into Spain's starting 11, that young Englishman who's injured for most of the season and that Welshman your own fans boo during home games?

Please don't say our 2 midfielders are crap because they can't get in the spanish midfield.

Your best midfielder michael carrick can't even get into the england team which is far inferior.

No matter how dumb some united fans are non of em could say Uniteds midfield is better than Arsenals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Don't understand why people are bothering arguing with the usual Arsenal delusional lot. They finished 16 points and 3 places below us last season. Daylight and then some. And both squads are relatively unchanged.

Let's not forget how easy we took it towards the end of the season. Whereas Arsenal were in a battle for fourth place (as usual) all the way until the end.
    It's normally the same lot who blast you for being crazy for suggesting that the team that finished one place and one point behind them might be similar of quality to them as well. No ability to look at things objectively whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Please don't say our 2 midfielders are crap because they can't get in the spanish midfield.

Your best midfielder michael carrick can't even get into the england team which is far inferior.
    Don't dis Carrick son. He's truly one of the most underrated footballers England has ever had. He hadn't been called up for England in the past because of bad management. England mangers kept on playing Lampard and Gerrard in central midfield and that partnership never worked. Just because he wasn't part of the failed Golden generation he was overlooked when he is what England needed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Your 2 midfielders are crap, they can't even get into the Spanish team

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Don't dis Carrick son. He's truly one of the most underrated footballers England has ever had. He hadn't been called up for England in the past because of bad management. England mangers kept on playing Lampard and Gerrard in central midfield and that partnership never worked. Just because he wasn't part of the failed Golden generation he was overlooked when he is what England needed
    The ironic thing is, he is being called underrated so much he is turning overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    The ironic thing is, he is being called underrated so much he is turning overrated

Posted from TSR Mobile

How can someone who's being called underrated every 5 minutes be underrated?

Carrick is rated how he is, Man U's best midfielder and one of the best in the Premier League. Sick of people saying he's underrated.

ReputationRep:
    A few seasons ago when Scholes was playing Carrick was underrated but now I think everyone knows how good a player he is so I'd say he's rated now.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else getting tired of Ashley young and his constant inyuries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Carrick is rated how he is, Man U's best midfielder and one of the best in the Premier League. Sick of people saying he's underrated.
    That is only a tag which he has gained from opposition fans and the media this season. His 09/10 season was terrible when he started playing deeper and he picked up a lot of flak from United fans for it. After that, I think a lot of United fans realised exactly what it was that he does and did for the team, and how often what others saw as a poor performance or a flaw wasn't actually his fault, more a flaw which existed and still ****ing does in our midfield. I think the reason he's being called underrated is because the rest of the leagues fans as a general statement and the media have probably been 2 seasons behind a large portion of United fans in coming to the realisation that he is actually a good player one of our best. I don't think Carrick is underrated as a player but the style of play he uses I think is underrated, and probably will remain to be. Its more the modern evolution of the Makelele role, and is probably just like the Makelele role going to swing from massively misunderstood and underrated to the next trend yet still being misunderstood and hence underrated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Is anyone else getting tired of Ashley young and his constant inyuries
    I always have been tired of Ashley Young - I'm not surprised with all the injuries though - his legs are basically matchsticks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Wilshere beats all of your midfielders bar carrick ffs. :rofl:
    I don't get why he's under the radar.
    no he doesn't. he's not fit half the time and when he is his attitude is ****e, if he weren't English people wouldn't rate him half as much, he reminds me a bit of Anderson, glimpses of brilliance, but all too often unfit/injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    We can agree to disagree on this then, because I think he's garbage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    no he doesn't. he's not fit half the time and when he is his attitude is ****e, if he weren't English people wouldn't rate him half as much, he reminds me a bit of Anderson, glimpses of brilliance, but all too often unfit/injured.
    Not really, he's been overplayed by wenger(pathetic management from wenger in fact) but he was arsenal's best player when they were off form, he's the only CM who beats his man, tries hard and controls the tempo of a game. I guess it's easy to look good in the arsenal team as they can be dog turd when watching, but wilshere is someone who would genuinely improve your team.

I wouldn't say he's unfit, I'd say he burnt out (again) when he just came back from a serious injury and got drafted into the first team playing in the christmas-march run in.

ReputationRep:
    Why has Valencia traded his number 7 shirt back for the number 25?

Sent from my MOMO20-W2 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownGuy)
    Why has Valencia traded his number 7 shirt back for the number 25?

Because he's disgraced such a legendary number with his shocking performances last season, I guess it's better than being injured 70% of the time though like the last no 7.
    In all seriousness maybe he thought he couldn't handle the pressure of being a main man...

If they don't answer the question he's probably planning to be the third choice goalkeeper :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Because he's disgraced such a legendary number with his shocking performances last season, I guess it's better than being injured 70% of the time though like the last no 7.
    In all seriousness maybe he thought he couldn't handle the pressure of being a main man...

If they don't answer the question he's probably planning to be the third choice goalkeeper :rofl:
    A sign of CR7 return?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownGuy)
    A sign of CR7 return?

Doubt it...

https://twitter.com/rioferdy5/status/366850778104737792

ReputationRep:
    In case no one knows today's top story. Wayne Rooney is training with England.

ReputationRep:
    to the doubters/ABU's in here;

"Moyes has never won anything"

nor has Pellinigrini yet everyone thinks City will overhaul an 11 point deficit with a bunch of new primaddona signings who are overpriced and over-rated...funny that.

"it's not the best squad"

really? Sir Alex must be the messiah then to have dominated last seasons title race so easily as we did, he's good, but 11 points of difference good? even he probably wouldn't claim that, I also would argue closer title races are a much better test of managerial ability than winning comfortably, United did well because the PLAYERS have a winning mentality, not just the manager, that hasn't changed and won't change. it's also a YOUNG squad, most of them will only improve this season, if Rooney is back as well then you have two of the worlds best going forward with him and Van Persie, that alone makes them favourites.

Chelsea were way off last season and still rely too much on an old racist CB and Lampard's goals, the latter won't be enough anymore to win them the league, people are a bit barmy if they think young Lukaku is ready yet to bring title winning goals and Ba/Torres just aren't up to scratch for that either.

United have to be the favourites, if you don't believe me, ask the man who scored 56 goals in the league over the last 2 seasons, Robin Van Persie, the man who scored two goals just yesterday, with his goals any side would be in the hunt unless they are utterly mismanaged and the rest of the team is dire (which is not the case, this is United remember, not Arsenal!)

I look forward to watching the WUM brigade crying and winging all year long as usual, keep deluding yourselves by all means, but the team that won a trophy yesterday are the easy favourites to be doing the same come May!

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, Fergie is the messiah.

How can a squad whose main defenders, midfielders, and strikers are 30+ be considered young? Pretty sure your average age will come around 25-27. That's such an Arsenal line. We've trademarked that :smug:

Is that post from Redcafe?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.