The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mondegreen
Hooray - they've finally updated their admission statistics to include offers! Literally spent the last 45mins looking at all the stats... Kinda cool finding out how many people will be doing your course in your college, right?!

Wow, thanks for mentioning it - I've been wondering how many people got offers for the college and course I have an offer from :tongue:
Original post by mondegreen
Hooray - they've finally updated their admission statistics to include offers! Literally spent the last 45mins looking at all the stats... Kinda cool finding out how many people will be doing your course in your college, right?!

I find it interesting that a lot of colleges accept a number of people from the pool, whilst also having some of their poolees taken by other colleges (i.e. both giving offers through the pool and having their candidates taken from the pool). It just goes to show that each college must look for different things.
Remember all those people applying for NatSci at Pembroke in the applicants thread? Looks like TSR really was representative in that case!

Does anyone else want all the 2014 applicants to make their thread so we can stalk it? (Or am I really the only one who is that sad :colondollar: )
Reply 2143
Original post by DavidH20
Just wondering - has anybody else not heard anything from their college after firming? I did so a month ago and haven't had any contact...NatSci at Queens' if there are any in the same position :smile:

I also have a firmed offer for Queens (HSPS) and haven't heard anything either - so same boat!
Original post by laser174572
Yay, someone else at Robinson! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha! Yep! And I guess you've forgotten that we got to know each other earlier this year!!! :tongue:
Original post by Emmav123
Law at Clare :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi fellow lawyer! just curious, what are your subjects at a-level? :smile:
Original post by Choochoo_baloo
There seem to be some other Robinson offer holders around!! I'm unconditional for Natural Sciences. What is everyone else going to read?

Hi Choochoo_baloo! You should join the robinson college thread! :biggrin: I'm going to read law at Robinson by the way...
A*A*A offer from Pembroke College for Engineering, but I'm only predicted A*AA. I'll have to tip-toe on this one LOL.

@benten17 Depends on what you call pressure. In the other Unis, you'll get used to the workload and then, they will feel like too much pressure too. That's why graduates are sought after; they're used to the pressure. BTW, did you get the leaflet?
Original post by benten17
What I'm about to say will probably seem pretty stupid, but I'm going to say it anyway. I've got an offer for engineering which naturally everyone thinks you will accept. But I feel like going to Cambridge would be far too demanding for me. I want to enjoy Uni but I feel that if I achieve my offer, which granted will be challenging, the next 4 years of my life will involve me always feeling under pressure and having to work constantly to keep up. Then on the flip-side I think about my employment opportunities after Cambridge. I would be able to move into other industries, such as finance, with relative ease which few other Unis could provide.

I've only got one more month to decide, but right now I have no clue. Anyone else in the same boat as me?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Live in the present and just ask yourself what University you most want to go to - then go to it. If it's Cambridge then that's fine, if it's not then that's fine too. Don't concern yourself with how others - including yourself- may judge your decision later on, you should just go with what feels right or what appeals the most to you.

I will say that Cambridge wouldn't have given you an offer if they didn't think you could do well on the course. I imagine it's quite a common feeling to be slightly dreading starting the course :tongue:
Original post by Eireann95
English with English :smile:

What are you studying now, or are you on a gap year?

On a gap year, working as a teaching assistant :smile: what about you? Do you know anything about reading lists etc? I would love to get cracking on some of the reading!
Original post by oggdeferrer
On a gap year, working as a teaching assistant :smile: what about you? Do you know anything about reading lists etc? I would love to get cracking on some of the reading!

That sounds really cool.
I'm currently studying Psychology, English literature and Sociology- so have to meet the grades!!

We got sent a link for the reading list I'm sure it's pretty much the same books for most colleges
http://www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/informationforofferholders :smile:
Original post by Llewellyn
I find it interesting that a lot of colleges accept a number of people from the pool, whilst also having some of their poolees taken by other colleges (i.e. both giving offers through the pool and havingidates taken from the pool). It just goes to show that each college must look for different things.

I know, me too! I have two friends (both at the same school) who applied for the same course, and one got pooled to tit hall, and the other got pooled from tit hall. Definitely interesting/weird thinking about it (and slightly awkward for them, I think! Lol).
Reply 2152
English with English :smile:

What are you studying now, or are you on a gap year?

Cool, you're the only other Education with English applicant/offer-holder I know about :biggrin: (Most other people seem to go for English and Drama.)
Reply 2153
Original post by Llewellyn
I find it interesting that a lot of colleges accept a number of people from the pool, whilst also having some of their poolees taken by other colleges (i.e. both giving offers through the pool and having their candidates taken from the pool). It just goes to show that each college must look for different things.

I found this interesting as I was in this exact position, I was pooled and accepted by a different college, I met a girl on the open day who was pooled and accepted to the college I applied to! I really wondered and kind of wanted to know what the decision making is behind it.
Original post by Rushtail
Cool, you're the only other Education with English applicant/offer-holder I know about :biggrin: (Most other people seem to go for English and Drama.)

Hi,

:thumbsup:

What college have you applied for? What are you currently doing?
Reply 2155
Those application statistics make me happy :h:
Reply 2156
What have people been putting as their insurance choices? I'm LSE.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I went for Durham as insurance.
How many offers did you get was amazed I got all five,
Cambs, Durham, Warwick, York & Nottingham.
Reply 2157
Original post by proterra
I went for Durham as insurance.
How many offers did you get was amazed I got all five,
Cambs, Durham, Warwick, York & Nottingham.

Wow congrats! I got 5/5 to. My insurance is LSE. I got Cambridge, KCL (would have been my insurance but the offer was too close to cambs) LSE, queen Mary London and Kent.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2158
Wow congrats! I got 5/5 to. My insurance is LSE. I got Cambridge, KCL (would have been my insurance but the offer was too close to cambs) LSE, queen Mary London and Kent.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would have gone for Warwick but they wanted STEP as well.
That sounds really cool.
I'm currently studying Psychology, English literature and Sociology- so have to meet the grades!!

We got sent a link for the reading list I'm sure it's pretty much the same books for most colleges
http://www.homerton.cam.ac.uk/informationforofferholders :smile:

Amazing - thank you!! Good luck with your exams :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending