The Student Room Group

Harper Adams Foundation Year

Hi :smile:

I'm not really sure if I'm classed as a mature student at 20 but I was wondering if anyone has applied to do a foundation year at Harper?

I've applied for the animal management and welfare extended foundation degree.

I've got 9 A*-C grades, I was wondering how difficult Harper is to get in if anyone has any idea? Or any information at all? Haha :smile:

PS. I've also go AS Levels. I couldn't continue onto A Levels for personal reasons.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MeganLG

I'm not really sure if I'm classed as a mature student at 20 but I was wondering if anyone has applied to do a foundation year at Harper?

I've got 9 A*-C grades, I was wondering how difficult Harper is to get in if anyone has any idea? Or any information at all? Haha :smile:

PS. I've also go AS Levels. I couldn't continue onto A Levels for personal reasons.

Hello! I've applied to do that too! I've also applied for the Veterinary Nursing Ext Fnd Degree :smile: I've just turned 21 so I'm not sure whether I can call myself a mature student? I'd feel old... Haha. I cant tell you how difficult it is to get into but I assume they look at work experience within the field? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Avolil
Hello! I've applied to do that too! I've also applied for the Veterinary Nursing Ext Fnd Degree :smile: I've just turned 21 so I'm not sure whether I can call myself a mature student? I'd feel old... Haha. I cant tell you how difficult it is to get into but I assume they look at work experience within the field? :smile:

Haha!
I'm so glad there's someone in the same position as me! I thought about applying for nursing but wanted to keep my options open. I should of applied for both, silly me! Haha :smile:

I've only just sent mine off and I'm already going crazy! Have you had an interview or anything?

:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by MeganLG
Haha!
I'm so glad there's someone in the same position as me! I thought about applying for nursing but wanted to keep my options open. I should of applied for both, silly me! Haha :smile:

I've only just sent mine off and I'm already going crazy! Have you had an interview or anything?

:smile:

I'm relieved too believe me! Haha. I originally studied art at Sixth Form and college, then rethought my options when I was 19. So I'm 21 now and dead-set on what I want to do! It's good though too because I've had the time to think really carefully about university and my career :smile:

I sent mine off on the 2nd of this month so I'm still waiting like you! Have you applied anywhere else? I only applied for the 2 courses, both at Harper :smile:
Reply 4
I took my AS Levels and got accepted to do Sociology at university, but I left sixth form to look after my mom who was ill at the time. Similarly to you, I rethought my options and realised I had no interest in Sociology and the only thing I'm passionate about is animal care! Ha!
I've applied to two colleges which offer a foundation year, Askham Bryan and York. I REALLY want to get into Harper though! :smile:
Reply 5
Ah right, thats cool :smile: Did you go to the Harper open day? I went, and instantly fell in love! :biggrin:
I did sociology at 6th Form but never really considered it something I'd do at uni :smile:

Ooh, Askham Bryan is linked with Harper Adams anyway isnt it?

I just wish they'd tell me and get it over with, this is the third time I've applied to uni and the waiting gets worse and worse each time! haha
Reply 6
Ive applied to harper to do the extended foundation degree, im 24 and only have GCSE's and ive been invited to go for an interview on the 16th of january, it took them about three weeks to get back to me from when i applied so im sure they will be in touch soon.
Reply 7
Original post by mat13
Ive applied to harper to do the extended foundation degree, im 24 and only have GCSE's and ive been invited to go for an interview on the 16th of january, it took them about three weeks to get back to me from when i applied so im sure they will be in touch soon.

Thats great! Whatre you applying to do the extended foundation in? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Business and marketing, getting a little bit nervous about it now, hope you both get in though so im not stuck with a load of mental 18 year olds lol
Reply 9
Nice :smile: Dont say your nervous, I'm soooo worried I wont get in!
I know the feeling! I don't want to end up being the mother of the group who tidies up after them all etc >_<
Reply 10
Sorry for the late reply!!
No I haven't had chance to go to the open day yet but ive looked into it a lot!
Now you've said you fell in love with it, it reassured me! Haha!

I'm really nervous too! I'm refreshing my emails every ten minutes!

Good luck with your interview!! Let us know how it goes :smile:
Reply 11
Its more of a community than a campus, so if you like the whole countryside, middle of nowhere locations and a small community-like group of students then you'll definitely like it!

I reaaaaally want to get in!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by MeganLG

Hi, i applied for agriculture and countryside management (extended) but have heard nothing back yet, so getting slightly anxious. I simply changed my mind what i wanted to do after i done my AS-levels.
Reply 13
Original post by Claire1994
Hi, i applied for agriculture and countryside management (extended) but have heard nothing back yet, so getting slightly anxious. I simply changed my mind what i wanted to do after i done my AS-levels.

Hi! :smile: When did you send your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by Avolil
Hi! :smile: When did you send your application off?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I sent it at the start of December, and they emailed me just before Christmas saying the course manager was reviewing my application, so im pretty worried. have u heard anything yet? :smile:
Reply 15
I sent it at the start of December, and they emailed me just before Christmas saying the course manager was reviewing my application, so im pretty worried. have u heard anything yet? :smile:

Oh nice, so now youre waiting to see if you have an interview date I'm guessing?

I sent mine off just over a week ago so I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while :smile:

What made you choose Harper then? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Avolil
Oh nice, so now youre waiting to see if you have an interview date I'm guessing?

I sent mine off just over a week ago so I'm not expecting to hear anything for a while :smile:

What made you choose Harper then? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, but getting really nervous and worried! i tend to overthink alot of things haha! Well i went to their HEC prorgramme in the summer and fell in love with it, im from a farm myself and never realized until I visited harper how many great opportunities there are in the agriculture sector. what about u? :smile:
Reply 17
Yeah, but getting really nervous and worried! i tend to overthink alot of things haha! Well i went to their HEC prorgramme in the summer and fell in love with it, im from a farm myself and never realized until I visited harper how many great opportunities there are in the agriculture sector. what about u? :smile:

I wouldnt worry! Is it the first time you've applied to uni?

I have a friend who lectures there and she encouraged me to apply because she knows I want to do veterinary nursing and she said it would be a good idea to go! I went to the open day and I fell in love. Its GORGEOUS. just where it is, what it's like etc. I could see myself there! :smile:

Id LOVE to live on a farm haha, Ive been unlucky getting equine and farm animal experience but hopefully my experience in other areas will over shadow it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by Avolil
I wouldnt worry! Is it the first time you've applied to uni?

I have a friend who lectures there and she encouraged me to apply because she knows I want to do veterinary nursing and she said it would be a good idea to go! I went to the open day and I fell in love. Its GORGEOUS. just where it is, what it's like etc. I could see myself there! :smile:

Id LOVE to live on a farm haha, Ive been unlucky getting equine and farm animal experience but hopefully my experience in other areas will over shadow it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes it is, very scary experience haha yeah it is an amazing uni! im sure u will be ok! Its really the only uni i would go to haha! do u live far from harper? :smile:
Reply 19
Yes it is, very scary experience haha yeah it is an amazing uni! im sure u will be ok! Its really the only uni i would go to haha! do u live far from harper? :smile:

I know it is, this is my third time so I think thats why I'm so calm about it :tongue:

Same! I never liked a uni as much as Harper!
I live about 2 hours away, East Midlands, how about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending