The Student Room Group

University Offers

Hey everyone so I'm new to this but I needed some advice

So basically I applied to History at university and I have got 4 out of 5 replies, I applied to Kent, UC Suffolk, Essex, Chichester and Anglia Ruskin. I have received offers from all but Kent. Hopefully some students who have studied in these uni's can give some advice and just stuff really, and also which uni is better for history and etc? Thanks :smile:

Zak

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
My real worry is the fact you seem to have applied for the universities without actually checking them out beforehand. :s-smilie:

There should be a set of statistics and a profile of universities you have put yourself forward for within the Course Search functionality on the UCAS website. You can also refer to newspapers and/or sites such as UniStats to assist.
Just be well aware that you are reading what the actual statistics represent - some of the newer universities such as ARU are more likely to be focusing on other areas apart from academics in the statistical data, compared to the more established universities that will be focusing on academics, but it still does not mean the university is bad!

Ultimately though, the best way to get a feel is to actually attend the open days the universities provide and speak to the staff about the course. It's all good reading up on a course, but if you don't like where you are, there might as well not be a single point to it.

I can also provide some basic guidance on the Cambridge campus for ARU if you wish, but I will leave that to you to ask for further information if you so seek it.

Good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
I have done some research and looked up the unis and courses, it's just I feel as is I could have chose better unis, I think I played too safe and chose mediocre unis, I haven't visited any of the unis is also a problem :s I'll need to visit them soon after my exams, and yes please any guidance of the ARU would be helpful thank you :smile: are you or have you attended ARU?

My real worry is the fact you seem to have applied for the universities without actually checking them out beforehand. :s-smilie:<br />
<br />
There should be a set of statistics and a profile of universities you have put yourself forward for within the Course Search functionality on the UCAS website. You can also refer to newspapers and/or sites such as UniStats to assist.<br />
Just be well aware that you are reading what the actual statistics represent - some of the newer universities such as ARU are more likely to be focusing on other areas apart from academics in the statistical data, compared to the more established universities that will be focusing on academics, but it still does not mean the university is bad!<br />
<br />
Ultimately though, the best way to get a feel is to actually attend the open days the universities provide and speak to the staff about the course. It's all good reading up on a course, but if you don't like where you are, there might as well not be a single point to it.<br />
<br />
I can also provide some basic guidance on the Cambridge campus for ARU if you wish, but I will leave that to you to ask for further information if you so seek it.<br />
<br />
Good luck! :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Apologies for the late response, I've been doing many things outside that which is the internet *Shudder*.

I have done some research and looked up the unis and courses, it's just I feel as is I could have chose better unis, I think I played too safe and chose mediocre unis, I haven't visited any of the unis is also a problem :s I'll need to visit them soon after my exams, and yes please any guidance of the ARU would be helpful thank you :smile: are you or have you attended ARU?

I can't really give guidance without knowing what it is you want to know, but I'm currently one of the course representatives as elected by the Students for the Foundation Science year. I can give a rough idea on the accommodation as well as the local layout, but if you have anything specific, feel free to ask away!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending