The Student Room Group

How do contextual offers work?

Some universities I have seen give contextual offers based on if you live in a POLAR 4 Quintile 1 postcode. I have discovered that I do. Must I contact the universities about this or will they be aware of it already? And does this mean I am guaranteed a contextual offer or not?
Reply 1
Original post by multidimentity
Some universities I have seen give contextual offers based on if you live in a POLAR 4 Quintile 1 postcode. I have discovered that I do. Must I contact the universities about this or will they be aware of it already? And does this mean I am guaranteed a contextual offer or not?

Normally they check before giving you an offer but it does not hurt to contact them.

When I applied to my universities, I received a contextual offer from one uni and I decided to contact my others about it and they ended up changing the offers to contextual also.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Just to add: Different universities have different contextual offer requirements so it's worth checking for each.
Reply 3
Please do NOT contact Unis to tell them you are eligible for their Contextual offer.

We are not idiots and we actually have a system for automatically tagging your application based on your postcode or other info given on your UCAS application. We do not need to be 'told'.
Original post by multidimentity

Firstly you are not guaranteed an offer and nobody is. If a university decides to make you an offer and you meet their contextual conditions then you will be made the contextual offer and this is picked up from your ucas application. Universities have different contextual criteria and because you meet 1 doesnt mean you meet another
Original post by McGinger
Please do NOT contact Unis to tell them you are eligible for their Contextual offer.

We are not idiots and we actually have a system for automatically tagging your application based on your postcode or other info given on your UCAS application. We do not need to be 'told'.

To be fair it is useful if the applicant has moved schools or address late in the day. At the discretion of the uni though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending