Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent Firmers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by sc_lad
hey yeah I'm planning to choose Kent as my firm :smile:
Are you?

Hey guys, do you mind telling me why you choose Kent? I got a conditional offer from Kent for their biomedical sciences degree; what made you decide that Kent was the uni for you?
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 81
Original post by Albert95
Hey guys, do you mind telling me why you choose Kent? I got a conditional offer from Kent for their biomedical sciences degree; what made you decide that Kent was the uni for you?

When I first looked at the course, I really liked the modules and it was basically everything I was interested in. I've applied for a year abroad which is obviously something to look forward to, I'd really like to go to California. When I visited I really liked how it looked. I can't really explain, I just knew Kent was where I wanted to be, despite it being quite far from home.

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by lje214
When I first looked at the course, I really liked the modules and it was basically everything I was interested in. I've applied for a year abroad which is obviously something to look forward to, I'd really like to go to California. When I visited I really liked how it looked. I can't really explain, I just knew Kent was where I wanted to be, despite it being quite far from home.

Where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to st georges, edinburgh, uea, and kent :smile:
Going to continue on grad entry med later on

Ahhh i see i shall research more on each unis then :smile: thanks for telling me though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
I applied to st georges, edinburgh, uea, and kent :smile:
Going to continue on grad entry med later on

Ahhh i see i shall research more on each unis then :smile: thanks for telling me though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know St Georges is a very good uni. Which do you prefer personally?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
Original post by lje214
I know St Georges is a very good uni. Which do you prefer personally?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm kinda leaning on edinburgh or st georges tbh.. but still not tht sure yet :smile: which other unis did u apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
I'm kinda leaning on edinburgh or st georges tbh.. but still not tht sure yet :smile: which other unis did u apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nottingham Trent (my insurance), Keele, Oxford Brookes and Lincoln.

I didn't get great results in summer so I ended up finding universities with lower grade requirements even though I re-sat my exams... Originally I looked at Sheffield, St Georges, Newcastle and Durham... Complete opposites when it comes to the grades they ask for haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
Anyone else thinking of accepting an offer for Cultural Studies? I love the course and the uni as a whole seems pretty amazing!
Reply 87
I chose Kent as my Firm and I am planning to study Business Information Technology (:
Anyone else studying Business or IT, gimme a shout ;D
Reply 88
Hello Everyone!

I firmed University of Kent for this September for Development Psychology :smile: Very excited!
I firmed Kent for European Studies course! Can't wait now!! :biggrin:
Reply 90
sort of a late reply (i've only just opened an account :frown: ) but i'm firming kent for biological anthropology with a year in the USA - anyone else applied for the course? literally no one i know's even heard of it!
Original post by deney
sort of a late reply (i've only just opened an account :frown: ) but i'm firming kent for biological anthropology with a year in the USA - anyone else applied for the course? literally no one i know's even heard of it!

I've applied for social, not biological, but I think we share some introduction lectures in the first year! :smile:

Most people haven't heard of it, but when I went to the open day the girl who was showing us around the campus said she knew quite a few people taking anthropology.When I asked one of the lecturers how many students the anthropology department usually had she said around 130, but that would be spread over the 3 degrees I think (the social, the bio and then the combined).
Reply 92
Original post by Naaadiiiaaa
I've applied for social, not biological, but I think we share some introduction lectures in the first year! :smile:

Most people haven't heard of it, but when I went to the open day the girl who was showing us around the campus said she knew quite a few people taking anthropology.When I asked one of the lecturers how many students the anthropology department usually had she said around 130, but that would be spread over the 3 degrees I think (the social, the bio and then the combined).

aww yay! and yeah I'm sure we do haha, bit nervous though I've never really studied anything like it before so fingers crossed it's what I hope it is
Original post by tristian990
Yeah I done it tonight :smile: Darwin, Keynes and Tyler court are my 3 choices :smile: you ?

Same choices though I put both Tyler's making 4, what's everyone studying also does anyone think a Facebook page would be a good idea so everyone can get to know each other etc?
Reply 94
Just firmed my offer from Kent. Going to be majoring in IR, starting as a sophomore. Pretty excited!
Reply 95
Someone else who has firmed Kent has set up a Facebook group - definitely worth a look! https://www.facebook.com/groups/220596311418456/
Reply 96
Just firmed Computer science yesterday! Really looking forward to it!
Reply 97
If the accomodation form was already opened in january then I think I won't get the room I want, since I've just applied for accomodation. Do you know if there's some difference for erasmus students? =(
Original post by reggaeiscool
Ah wicked. Have you applied for accommodation yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by Dic
If the accomodation form was already opened in january then I think I won't get the room I want, since I've just applied for accomodation. Do you know if there's some difference for erasmus students? =(

Do you mean international students? I have heard that the international students are quite high in the allocation priorities. However, the earlier the better, so just hope that you do get it, don't worry :smile:
Reply 99
Original post by reggaeiscool
Do you mean international students? I have heard that the international students are quite high in the allocation priorities. However, the earlier the better, so just hope that you do get it, don't worry :smile:

Really? That would be great! By the way, my first three choices are all in Park Wood ( 6 bed, 5 bed and flats), so I hope they'll give one of those!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending