The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Each square represents 1 million years ago. And then if u go along the line of D. melanogaster and along the line of D. pseudoobscura, you can see that they meet at 26 million years.
Is that the right answer? Hope my explanation made sense to u.

It is 26 million as this is where both the lines leading to melanogaster and pseudoobscura last meet :smile:
Reply 2943
As long as you've stuck to the spec you'll all be fine, don't go too in depth! It's wasting time and it may not even be a marking point! My friend sat this last year and he read in to every single topic in amazing detail every night because he loved it so much and came out with a C on his first time as he learned too much info and put the wrong stuff down in a short space of time. Whatever is in your text book or exercise book will be a marking point, remember that:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2944
Just to clarify, crossing over happens in prophase 1 yes? :smile:
To think those papers are just sitting there waiting for us...

okay (this is actually fun- a bit of a maze game)
1) get out your highlighter and start drawing over the line going away from the: D. melanogaster (remember you want to get as far away as you can)- you should end up at the other side of the graph
2) do the same for D. pseudoobscura
3) circle the bit where the 2 lines meet
4) see what year your at by following the line up= 26million years

tada:biggrin:
Reply 2947
Can anyone please explain to me why you have to cut the shoot at a slant in the potometer experiment?
Reply 2948
Don't worry guys!

I'll single handedly lower the grade boundaries with a poor performance tomorrow.

I literally know nothing...
can anyone link me to the Jan 2013 paper?
Original post by lorobolorolo
Each square represents 1 million years ago. And then if u go along the line of D. melanogaster and along the line of D. pseudoobscura, you can see that they meet at 26 million years.
Is that the right answer? Hope my explanation made sense to u.

Thanks!! :biggrin:. http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL2-QP-JAN12.PDF

3aii?
Reply 2951
Original post by LiamDaly
Possible plant questions?

Posted from TSR Mobilehh

I ask with my life: what are the possible plant questions and how would you approach them?

Posted from TSR Mobilehh
im feeling a lot more confident now after having spent a day on past paper QS
what is the difference between the casparian strip and the endodermis:cry:
Original post by Angelica.
It is 26 million as this is where both the lines leading to melanogaster and pseudoobscura last meet :smile:

Thanks!!!, http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-BIOL2-QP-JAN12.PDF question 3aii? :smile:
Original post by dooobie_
As long as you've stuck to the spec you'll all be fine, don't go too in depth! It's wasting time and it may not even be a marking point! My friend sat this last year and he read in to every single topic in amazing detail every night because he loved it so much and came out with a C on his first time as he learned too much info and put the wrong stuff down in a short space of time. Whatever is in your text book or exercise book will be a marking point, remember that:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just hope when I get into the exam my mind doesn't go blank. Anyway good luck to u for tomorrow :smile:
Reply 2956
Original post by Linked
Can anyone please explain to me why you have to cut the shoot at a slant in the potometer experiment?

Doing so maximises surface area. This maximised surface area increases the rate at which exchange of water can occur via osmosis.
Reply 2957
Original post by senz72
Don't worry guys!

I'll single handedly lower the grade boundaries with a poor performance tomorrow.

I literally know nothing...

hahahahah
Original post by anonymousecheese
what is the difference between the casparian strip and the endodermis:cry:

Casparian strip is a region on the endodermis which is waterproof because it contains suberin (you dont need that much detail) ;P
Original post by jaszs
hahahahah

very much appreciated

Latest

Trending

Trending