The Student Room Group

South-Asian guys dating Black girls; your views?

The title is pretty self explanatory.

The reason why I asked is because I am a 16 year old black female Londoner, and was certain I didn't discriminate when it came to ethnicity and dating, but I never really saw myself with a South Asian guy, so I suppose I unconsciously dismissed them.
This is was all before I had work experience in the hospital for three days, and met this AMAZING Indian doctor who I absolutely fell head over heels for. He was so charismatic, bright, considering, caring, intelligent; the list goes on. And most importantly, he was an amazing doctor. And suddenly, more and more Asian guys are becoming more attractive to me, *surprisingly*.

So, in other words; if you are a South-Asian guy, would you consider dating a black girl? If you're not, have you ever witness such couples?

Thanks guys :h:

Scroll to see replies

Of course. Black girls are fit.
why is that all this forum is full of is 'would you date a black girl/guy' or the same but with 'white'!

people like different things, some will date black people, some just dont find it as attractive as white people!
Reply 3
I've seen a south asian women married to a black guy before :smile:
Original post by NOONA.
I've seen a south asian women married to a black guy before :smile:

I guess that's something rare, but not exactly the same...
Reply 5
Original post by J1994D

people like different things, some will date black people, some just dont find it as attractive as white people!

Completely off-topic.

She's asking about S.Asian men, not white people :wink:.
Original post by J1994D
why is that all this forum is full of is 'would you date a black girl/guy' or the same but with 'white'!

Nobody in this thread is interested in what White people think. Mind your own business.

I know South Asian guys who like Black girls :smile:
Any other opinions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thing is the family issue. South Asian families are very strict on dating, so usually it's rare to find south-asians dating outside of their ethnicity, but there are a few I've seen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I rarely see AM/BW couples, but I have a friend (Sri Lankan) who's brother married a Ghanaian/Jamaican woman. I also knew a girl at school who has an Indian dad and a Nigerian mother. I'm sure there are always going to be some who do and some who don't, don't be afraid to talk/get to know them :smile:.
Reply 10
I don't see why there should be a problem! You're only people, I don't see why race comes into it so much. (Obviously society, blah blah blah, but whatever)
Reply 11
Is there even a problem with people of different races dating. Who cares..
who gives a **** date who you want and stop looking for significance in skin colour
Reply 13
If you aren't a Muslim then I don't know why you'd want to date someone who is. Trust me, from personal experience it's not a good idea, even if they're a nice person or hot.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by MrJim
If you aren't a Muslim then I don't know why you'd want to date someone who is. Trust me, from personal experience it's not a good idea, even if they're a nice person or hot.

Where did the OP say anything about Muslim, let alone anything about religion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by MrJim
a lot of south asian guys in the UK are muslim.

Actually, most South Asians are Hindu and religion doesn't matter dude.
Original post by MichieMelodi
The title is pretty self explanatory.

The reason why I asked is because I am a 16 year old black female Londoner, and was certain I didn't discriminate when it came to ethnicity and dating, but I never really saw myself with a South Asian guy, so I suppose I unconsciously dismissed them.
This is was all before I had work experience in the hospital for three days, and met this AMAZING Indian doctor who I absolutely fell head over heels for. He was so charismatic, bright, considering, caring, intelligent; the list goes on. And most importantly, he was an amazing doctor. And suddenly, more and more Asian guys are becoming more attractive to me, *surprisingly*.

So, in other words; if you are a South-Asian guy, would you consider dating a black girl? If you're not, have you ever witness such couples?

Thanks guys :h:

C'mon bebbeh, let's get it on :sexface:

No but seriously, I'd date a black girl, sure :smile: Like any other girl, I'd need to find her attractive but I've found plenty of black girls attractive so I see no reason why I wouldn't. There was this one opportunity at University and she was into me too, but I had a girlfriend at the time.
Original post by jumpingjesusholycow
C'mon bebbeh, let's get it on :sexface:

No but seriously, I'd date a black girl, sure :smile: Like any other girl, I'd need to find her attractive but I've found plenty of black girls attractive so I see no reason why I wouldn't. There was this one opportunity at University and she was into me too, but I had a girlfriend at the time.

This is all too encouraging :smile: I wish I saw more AMBW relationships though.
:erm:
PLEASE BE AWARE THESE ARE MY OPINIONS AND ARE NOT INTENDED TO CRITICIZE

You said:
"I didn't discriminate when it came to ethnicity and dating, but I never really saw myself with a South Asian guy, so I suppose I unconsciously dismissed them."
"And suddenly, more and more Asian guys are becoming more attractive to me".
YOU JUST BECAME OPEN MINDED in a segregated society based on race/culture and skin colour that limits peoples options for a potential partner. Not many people get to that stage and are still fixed on his/her race in a MULTICULTURAL SOCIETY.

I'm a brown skinned male from Birmingham UK and I do look partly south asian and my skin colour is brown. My facial features look different to most people of my race/s. I've been mistaken for looking mixed raced or other races. Ive been called: mixed race, Arab, Indian, Pakistani, Brazilian, Jamaican Indian and Mexican/Latino.

I reckon Most/majority girls do have a racial preference for dating and prefer their own race/colour and/or specific races. Most black girls don't like other races in general and have a notion of Black love specifically for black men. This is because most women like men who are darker than themselves and therefore black women will only consort to black men. Yet for mixed raced black girls despite them being brown they mainly like full black men and not brown men/south asian men.

Yet for me personally It gets weird because mixed raced girls & black girls stare at me (maybe because I got big lips they think I'm part African) and then realize I'm not Black and quickly avert their gaze. Most "Asian/Pakistani" girls look like like white girls and don't stimulate me yet seem most curious of my race because my colour is brown.

I cant say for all British south asian men but the general image of the British South Asian man in the media being stereotyped as a terrorist, rapist and dominating of women has destroyed their stance in the dating game. The manipulating media has degraded these British south asian men to levels whereby the British women of all races fear those "BROWN" men. Also some south asian men have been brainwashed by the media and their own mothers to desire fair/white skin. Some British S/A men are NOT open minded to interracial relationships and still hold mommy and daddys wishes for a back home woman. Yet some British brown men (myself included) are men in a melting pot of races and therefore ride the rainbow of colours of the world with pleasure. Believe me other men dont know what it feels like to have EVERY girl they see of ANY race/colour to be a potential partner since they are small minded and believe in "their race" bull****.

To answer your question it varies on each person as some are up for it and others are not. It may also depend on what type of colour the black woman and/or if she is mixed race, for instance if she is brown similar to that of a south asian man than she will get more attention from south asian men than a full black girl (This is just a generalization).

Right now in Multicultural Britain everyone is mixing or will be mixed in the future. You all can mix like Brazilians because im already there.

EVERYONE CAN BLEND LIKE COFFEE DOES

THE BROWN JINN
Reply 19
Probably not gonna get married realistically but anything else is all good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending