The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

GSA Best Accommodation??!

Hey I just wandered where the best place to stay was for GSA students?

Old School, Mary Macdonald or Victoria House? Like if you're at OS or MM do you not integrate as well with other students, or does it not matter?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey
I'm just finishing up my first year staying in Victoria Halls. They're really nice flats for student accom. all with ensuit and a lot of room storage and a large desk, as well as internet and electricity bills included (Which is a real plus). You have a flat of 5 and there's 80 GSA students in the block together. There's someone on the site 24/7, which is a real help when you leave your keys at home and return at 9 at night as i've done many times unfortunately:| and they're always really good and quick at fixing any maintenance problems you have.

OSH is a really nice place but there's only 28 of them living together which seems to have made them quite an isolated lot, and they dont really have too many parties or anything like the other halls.

MMH is ok, not as modern as VH but there's a lot more students there, and it's closer (VH is about 15-20 minutes walk), however you share a flat of 8 which can be quite crowded and a problem if you don't get along. Also some of the rooms share toilets which my friends have told me is also quite a problem. And the electricity runs on a meter which can be a pain when no one has no money.
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending