Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
vacuum the bastard

Spray it, get a big book kill it.
Reply 2
And TSR will have the answer for you?
Reply 3
Original post by Little J
A big spider just crawled under my bed. It's black, thick legs, etc. I'm terrified and I can't seem to see it either, what should I do? :frown:

Kill it before it lays eggs.
Reply 4
A vacuum cleaner and a torch is the only answer

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 5
Original post by VanessaXD
vacuum the bastard

I'll try, I have some stuff under my bed and I don't want to go rummaging around.

Original post by Farhan96
And TSR will have the answer for you?

TSR has the answer for everything.
Just go to sleep. It won't come out til you're asleep anyway, because that's when spiders like to lay their eggs behind your eyeballs.
Reply 7
Original post by Tbx
Kill it before it lays eggs.

Original post by lightburns
Just go to sleep. It won't come out til you're asleep anyway, because that's when spiders like to lay their eggs behind your eyeballs.

Lol omg, thanks. :frown:
Reply 8

It could be worse...

Spoiler

Reply 9
I'm not clicking that. D:

:h:

Anytime.

By the way, if you have a phobia, I would recommend the Friendly Spider Programme at London Zoo. It'll cost you a bit, but if you're scared of spiders this'll help. Spiders are less fearsome megamonsters, and more fragile and scaredy gentle things trying to hide out of the way.

Otherwise... Get a big glass and a torch. Look around for it - if you can see it, time to slam that glass over it and chuck it out the window.

If you can't see it, don't spend hours looking over it. You can waste your day doing that, when in all likelihood it's long gone anyway.
Reply 11
At least you're not Australian.
89fb4__Hunstman-Spiders.jpg
Original post by Sannn
At least you're not Australian.
89fb4__Hunstman-Spiders.jpg

OMG, pleaaasee put that in a spoiler before you give another person a heart attack :eek:
Reply 13
Original post by TheStudent.
OMG, pleaaasee put that in a spoiler before you give another person a heart attack :eek:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm also an arachnophobe :P
Reply 14
Original post by VanessaXD
vacuum the bastard

:lol:

this is actually the best option :biggrin:
Reply 15
just pick it up and pop it outside, it won't hurt you. Might also help you get over your phobia if you handle them more, that's how my mum got over hers by forcing herself to pick them up to show me as a child that they were nothing to be scared of.
Burn your house down*. That'll sort your problem out.

*Disclaimer: This comment was made in jest. I will accept no responsibility for any damage caused/lives lost if you actually decide to burn your house down to kill a spider.

Serious answer: Just get a plastic box (if you're scared of spiders, get one you can't see through) and trap the spider inside it, then release it in your garden. Alternatively, this is the kind of thing that Dads were made for so you might consider getting him to evict it from your house. Alternatively, just kill it.

I'm a terrible arachnophobe too, but I'm trying to get over it by taking them out if I see one.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Sannn

I take it you have no problem with googling photos of them? :biggrin:
Reply 18
Original post by TheStudent.
I take it you have no problem with googling photos of them? :biggrin:

Surprisingly, no :smile: Don't have an issue with tarantulas, either. Find them quite cute! Terrified of daddy long legs though :colondollar: What about you?
Reply 19
Original post by Razzamoly

Alternatively, this is the kind of thing that Dads were made for so you might consider getting him to evict it from your house. Alternatively, just kill it.

I'm a terrible arachnophobe too, but I'm trying to get over it by taking them out if I see one.

Original post by Sannn

I worry for your children....

P.S I'm also arachnophobic :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest