The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
What about Tit Hall?
Reply 41
King's is OK for first years. In Keynes, you share a gyp room between 6 people, and get 2 hotplates and an over, plus a microwave, toaster and kettle. You also get a fair amount of cupboard space. You only get enough workspace for one and it gets claustrophobic if more than 3 people stand inside.

In Market Hostel, the facilities are a lot worse from what I can say, and you share a kitchen between about 20 or 30 people, but the facilities match that of keynes. There are a couple of gyp rooms with a mocrowave/toaster/kettle and a sink too. I'm not too sure about Tennis COurt Road...

My second year room/kitchen/view kicks ass though:p:
Reply 42
I hate our KFC system... we either pay the £115 (I think) KFC charge, or you can get permission somehow to not pay it. If you do not pay it, then a supplementary 85p is charged onto everything you buy of greater than that value at the buttery -- the same arragengements as for guests eating in hall. The problem is that even if you eat two meals in buttery over the full 70 day period of residence, you'd only just be better off paying KFC rather than the 85p charge:

(0.85 x 2) x 70 = £119

Given that most students do not spend the full seventy days in college, and nor do they on average eat two meals a day in buttery (considering almost nobody goes for breakfast) whilst they are here, almost every single student gets a worse deal for their food than if they were guests eating the same food in hall.

To me, this seems a little wrong.
Still no one from Christ's...

Given that Christ's has a reputation for being a ferociously hard-working college, I find it somewhat alarming (for me, since I should be going there this October) that hardly anyone who goes there manages to find time to post here! (It's not just here; all across the board there's a horrible lack of Christians.)

Latest

Trending

Trending