The Student Room Group

career development loan. Help!

Hello all,

Recieved a pack this morning for a career development loan, just wondering how easy these are to obtain? Just i have a 2000 loan with my bank and a 2000 overdraft? Ideally i would like a CDL to pay these both off and then just pay this loan back on a lower interest level? I have just been accepted on to a full time job so i can pay all this money back pretty simply just wondering how easy it is?
Original post by mickiship2012
Hello all,

Recieved a pack this morning for a career development loan, just wondering how easy these are to obtain? Just i have a 2000 loan with my bank and a 2000 overdraft? Ideally i would like a CDL to pay these both off and then just pay this loan back on a lower interest level? I have just been accepted on to a full time job so i can pay all this money back pretty simply just wondering how easy it is?

You can't use a CDL to pay off other loans. A CDL is for the purpose of education and training - when you apply you have to state where you're attending, what course etc.
Reply 2
Ah well i have an outstanding tuition fee payment of 1100 so i could use it for this?
Ah well i have an outstanding tuition fee payment of 1100 so i could use it for this?

I'm not 100% sure you'd have to ask one of the providers of the loan. I don't think you can though.
Reply 4
Ah so it would be used for the cost of the whole masters course?
Ah so it would be used for the cost of the whole masters course?

Yes, you tell them you're going to study a course, they pay the money straight to the university, and then you begin to pay it back one month after the course ends.
It isn't a low interest rate either once you start paying it, it is higher than a bank loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending