The Student Room Group

Econ: MSc LSE / MSc UCL / MPhil Camb - not a "which is better" thread!

So here's another LSE-Camb(-UCL) Econ question: not "which one should I choose/is best" but "what are the relative advantages/strengths of each?" I am ambitiously hoping to get conditional offers from each and wondering, if I do, which to accept.

Leaving aside the cost, reputation, etc, does anyone know specifically academically whether any of these are particularly strong or weak in particular areas eg. micro, monetary, international, labour, metrics? (Yes, I know they are all very quant.)

Cheers
Reply 1
You could search the LSE thread in postgraduate study section for more info on it. Somebody wrote a really good post about it. Basically LSE has the best faculty (In terms of research and also one of the worst in terms of teaching) and a financial markets group that is probably best in the country, if you're interested in continuing to a PhD, this is probably where you should go. Mphil Cam and JBS carry the prestige and also have some great people but not as great as LSE from what my Econ professor has told me. No idea about UCL.
Reply 2
Hmm, that sounds very handy. Can't find the post though! Thanks for your help, will keep looking.
Reply 3
Anyone else know anything about the two?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending