The Student Room Group

'Why would nobody help me?' Father punched in the face 18 times by racist thugs

Scroll to see replies

Only in Britain.

Honestly if you witness **** like this without at least calling for help or something then you are a really cold person. I couldn't care less if your worried about yourself.

What a pitiful state society has become .
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
Only in Britain.

Incorrect

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-21544168

Im not talking about the crime , i'm talking about the absolute lack of social belonging and cohesion in our society. Its got to the point where a man could have been beaten to death and no one would think to do anything. People don't even make eye contact on trains , if you talk on a rush hour train people look at you like your alien , your expected to look out the window with a glum look.

Every time i've left the country , i've felt more welcome even in a foreign country.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Scumbaggio
A Manchester United fan?

Little wonder no one intervened.

LOL, beat me to it.
Reply 24
Only in Britain.

Honestly if you witness **** like this without at least calling for help or something then you are a really cold person. I couldn't care less if your worried about yourself.

What a pitiful state society has become .

Wrong
Reply 25
Im not talking about the crime , i'm talking about the absolute lack of social belonging and cohesion in our society. Its got to the point where a man could have been beaten to death and no one would think to do anything. People don't even make eye contact on trains , if you talk on a rush hour train people look at you like your alien , your expected to look out the window with a glum look.

Every time i've left the country , i've felt more welcome even in a foreign country.

This isn't the case only in Britain, I'd like to point out.
Original post by dgeorge
Wrong

OK chill out mate , I didn't state a hypothesis or something you don't need to get all excited about disproving my instantaneous thought.
Reply 27
Original post by Some random guy
If this had been a brown gang beating a white man you bet the comments here would be a lot different lol.

This is the truth.. (Y)
Original post by Kiss
If one or two people step in then more follow. It just takes that courage to stand up to thugs even if you think you'll be alone in your fight.

If only that were true! :frown:
Original post by Pandabär
Do you just start talking at random people, who are minding their own business on the train? :s-smilie:

In the quote I was actually talking about phone conversations or even conversations between friends or family who are also on the same train .

But in response , yes I have done it before but its not something i do on a casual basis , why is it so shocking ? why cant we co-exist together rather then ignore each others existence ? we belong to the same race you know .

In many other countries this isn't that uncommon , Ive seen it with my own eyes and heard it from other people .
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
OK chill out mate , I didn't state a hypothesis or something you don't need to get all excited about disproving my instantaneous thought.

Not sure how me saying that you're wrong is me being all excited? :confused:

If you don't want people disagreeing with you, or get upset about it, then maybe you shouldn't post your instantaneous thoughts.

Just, you know, FYI:biggrin:
Deep within my heart I hope if I was a passer-by I would have done something.
Original post by Fusion
If you do cost-benefit analysis, the rational decision is to not intervene.

The cynic will know the price of everything, and the value of nothing. :angry:
what the ****, im not even gonna lie if i was there i would have helped beat the **** out of the thugs that were attacking him, mortal kombat thing.

disgusting.
Original post by yorkshire.lad
what the ****, im not even gonna lie if i was there i would have helped beat the **** out of the thugs that were attacking him, mortal kombat thing.

disgusting.

Yeah, course you would.
Unfortunately it seems we have something of a "someone else will do it" culture in our society. It's an awful shame that this happened, but to be honest, I can't blame the other passengers because frankly I think I would have done the same in their situation.
Original post by venenecinema
Yeah, course you would.

lol im not lying, im probably the most selfless person you will meet, i was driving back from college past a care home, there was a guy in a wheelchair on the road, tens of motorists drove past, i was the only one who got out to help him back onto the pavement...

that and im a big mother****er and could probably take the two racist thugs in one swipe clean hit.
Reply 38
Original post by StudentElla
Deep within my heart I hope if I was a passer-by I would have done something.

What use would you be?
This sounds abit like a black mirror episode , I bet there were a few ****ers watching their Ipads or tablets when this happened.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending