The Student Room Group

Girls your opinion please

Poll

Is helping another girl knowing she’s your friend cheating and will she come back

Hi my relationship with my partner of 9 months is in jeopardy at this moment of time she cannot stand to look at my face, and has yet to calm down over the fact that having known I only speak to 2 other girls beside her both being ex work colleagues that she knows and approves of she’s accusing me of cheating and betraying her for helping one of them by answering a phone call and messaging her whilst in her company for only 20 minutes in regards to their mental health and family issues and matters. Your opinions please and do you think she’ll come back how long will it take for her to calm down for her to talk.
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
We don't know her so we can't answer ? By the sounds of it though she is overreacting.
Original post by Anonymous
We don't know her so we can't answer ? By the sounds of it though she is overreacting.

If she’s overreacting do you think she’ll come back please vote please also, I came across her today at campus with her class with a bunch of boys she was talking to them and I have no problem with that though she was quite close to one whilst crossing the road… not separating her distance.
There's something else going on apart from the 20 minutes on the phone incident.

She's had an RAS (Reticular Activing System) flip. In the early stages of your relationship she was interpreting what you did and said and what you are in a positive way. Now she's doing it in a negative way.

There will be something that's caused this flip.

Such as you being over needy, over clingy. Or coming over as emotionally or mentally weak. Or you being not enough of a challenge - and she got bored of you or had her head turned by another.

Biggest chance of getting her back is if you can work out what you did to cause her RAS flip and for you to change and to fix whatever it is and for you to demonstrate that you've changed.
Which I'd rate as pretty unlikely. But it's possible and it can happen.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
There's something else going on apart from the 20 minutes on the phone incident.

She's had an RAS (Reticular Activing System) flip. In the early stages of your relationship she was interpreting what you did and said and what you are in a positive way. Now she's doing it in a negative way.

There will be something that's caused this flip.

Such as you being over needy, over clingy. Or coming over as emotionally or mentally weak. Or you being not enough of a challenge - and she got bored of you or had her head turned by another.

Biggest chance of getting her back is if you can work out what you did to cause her RAS flip and for you to change and to fix whatever it is and for you to demonstrate that you've changed.
Which I'd rate as pretty unlikely. But it's possible and it can happen.

We both are over clingy. Emotionally and mentally weak the same. I wouldn’t say she got bored of me she’s overreacting and being dramatic though she’s literally told her class group mates that me helping another girl was betrayal and cheating.
Reply 5
Original post by Mohammed_80
We both are over clingy. Emotionally and mentally weak the same. I wouldn’t say she got bored of me she’s overreacting and being dramatic though she’s literally told her class group mates that me helping another girl was betrayal and cheating.

Maybe she used it as an excuse to break up with you and talk to other people ?

If she's emotionally and mentally weak, are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with her?

If she's clingy, that's all the more reason for you to maintain a frame where you are not clingy. Where you have great times with her when you are together and you leave her alone when you're not. So that you are using her clinginess to the advantage of the relationship. Because it's great if she feels that she can never have enough of you.

The underlying reason for her making such a big deal about you talking to another woman for 20 minutes is that she doesn't fear losing you.
If she was frightened of losing you she might complain at what you did, but she wouldn't tell you to get lost as she has done.
Original post by Anonymous
Maybe she used it as an excuse to break up with you and talk to other people ?

That hurts my heart so much if she’s done that because I have her everything and I would do everything for her to be happy.
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
If she's emotionally and mentally weak, are you sure you want to spend the rest of your life with her?

If she's clingy, that's all the more reason for you to maintain a frame where you are not clingy. Where you have great times with her when you are together and you leave her alone when you're not. So that you are using her clinginess to the advantage of the relationship. Because it's great if she feels that she can never have enough of you.

The underlying reason for her making such a big deal about you talking to another woman for 20 minutes is that she doesn't fear losing you.
If she was frightened of losing you she might complain at what you did, but she wouldn't tell you to get lost as she has done.

So more or less if I’m taken away she doesn’t care
Today she was with her group of classmates boys she was stood next to one talking she then crosses the road still talking to him but next to him he also hand held to a metal bar stood waiting and she’s next to him I stuttered to the point when I saw it, it was hurting my heart yet she took no notice.
What specifically is the girl that you want to marry accusing you of having done that she sees as dishonest or something sexually unacceptable? :confused:

If she does have a serious problem with you having some female friends or even talking to other women that you are not related to without her permission, it's a massive red flag.
You don't want to suddenly wake up one day realising that you have married a possessive, paranoid or very controlling wife.
Original post by londonmyst
What specifically is the girl that you want to marry accusing you of having done that she sees as dishonest or something sexually unacceptable? :confused:

If she does have a serious problem with you having some female friends or even talking to other women that you are not related to without her permission, it's a massive red flag.
You don't want to suddenly wake up one day realising that you have married a possessive, paranoid or very controlling wife.

She thinks me not taking a call in front of her or for her to know and then a girl comes to me for mental health issues resolving is seen as cheating. Permission was always there to speak to her never with expectation though.
She thinks me not taking a call in front of her or for her to know and then a girl comes to me for mental health issues resolving is seen as cheating. Permission was always there to speak to her never with expectation though.

Unless she has a very negative history with the specific girl or the girl has a reputation for using her mental health when trying to breakup couples, this shouldn't even be an issue.
Is this really the type of behaviour that you are willing to accept from a potential life partner and future coparent?

Either someone trusts their partner not to lie/cheat/play them for fools or they don't.
When they don't, it either means that they are in the wrong relationship or have serious issues from their past that they need to sort out before they will be able to have a healthy & happy relationship.
Reply 13
This sounds absolutely wild to me. If my Mrs did this and got into histrionics about this innocuous thing being 'cheating' I'd be out the door before she finished the sentence tbh.
Hi my relationship with my partner of 9 months is in jeopardy at this moment of time she cannot stand to look at my face, and has yet to calm down over the fact that having known I only speak to 2 other girls beside her both being ex work colleagues that she knows and approves of she’s accusing me of cheating and betraying her for helping one of them by answering a phone call and messaging her whilst in her company for only 20 minutes in regards to their mental health and family issues and matters. Your opinions please and do you think she’ll come back how long will it take for her to calm down for her to talk.

I'm so sorry to hear that, and I have an ex who cheated on me and his gf keeps saying me I'm ugly. and I just ignoring them.
Original post by alondra_babygirl
I'm so sorry to hear that, and I have an ex who cheated on me and his gf keeps saying me I'm ugly. and I just ignoring them.

I always knew for me to adhere and respect and follow the boundaries
yes. I know
Reply 17
I am of the female persuasion, responding to you request for a girl's opinion.
I think she is insecure and completely overreacting.

The problem you have is that you obviously really like her. If you want to stay with her (you obviously do) try talking to her about her trust/control issues.

If she won't communicate properly about it, she is not likely to change.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by gjd800
This sounds absolutely wild to me. If my Mrs did this and got into histrionics about this innocuous thing being 'cheating' I'd be out the door before she finished the sentence tbh.

Absolutely. Major red flag. I understand the OP liked the girl but it sounds like maybe he likes her more than she likes him. Seems like she was just waiting for an excuse to move on. Anyway, you never know what can happen in the future. Stay positive !
yep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending