Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This week I plan on not doing much, just getting stuff prepared for next week... Would you say its ok not doing too much this week and starting properly next week. Next Tuesday is exactly 5 weeks from my first exam. I plan on starting Monday 8.

Here's my exams:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 17.31.03.png
Views: 127
Size:  103.9 KB

Here's my plan for this week:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 17.29.30.png
Views: 126
Size:  47.9 KB

Next week I am going to plan it out like:
    09:00am-10:30am - History U1
    10:30am-11:00am - Break
    11:00am-12:30pm - Politics U1
    12:30pm-13:00pm - Lunch
    13:30pm-15:00pm - English Lit
    15:00pm-15:30pm - Break
    15:30pm-17:00pm - History U2
    17:00pm-18:00pm - Tea
    18:00pm-19:30pm - Politics U2
    19:30-00:00am - Rest

On Sundays I plan to do a past paper for each exam.

Would you say I could achieve AAA by working 7.5 hours a day (exc. Sunday) next week?

Feel free to share your plans.

ReputationRep:
    No the exact equation for achieving 3 A's is:

\sum\limits_{i=1}^n i^2 = \frac{1}{6}n(n+1)(2n+1) Where n is the number of exams you have

No but seriously, i'd set targets rather than times, certain subjects can take a while to learn and get your head around and its better to understand something before moving on. good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    No the exact equation for achieving 3 A's is:

\sum\limits_{i=1}^n i^2 = \frac{1}{6}n(n+1)(2n+1) Where n is the number of exams you have

No but seriously, i'd set targets rather than times, certain subjects can take a while to learn and get your head around and its better to understand something before moving on. good luck
    Thanks, but would you say 5 weeks is enough to get, at a minimum, ABB.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I had a similar plan but started a little late. I ended up with an A in law and B in English Lang&Lit as these are the 2 I focused on. Then I got a C in Geography and D in History. So I needed to retake History especially.

If you start early & stick to it then there's no reason why you can't achieve 3 As.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tif49)
    Yeah I had a similar plan but started a little late. I ended up with an A in law and B in English Lang&Lit as these are the 2 I focused on. Then I got a C in Geography and D in History. So I needed to retake History especially.

If you start early & stick to it then there's no reason why you can't achieve 3 As.
    When did you start? And ABCD isn't bad What uni are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    :bump:

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to bump!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil Dunphy)
    When did you start? And ABCD isn't bad What uni are you applying to?
    I had exams all of January and started like near the end of the Christmas. It was tight but I focussed on Law mainly and a little English. I decided I'd retake the rest. This was last year, then I fell quite badly ill and had to leave.

I was intending to apply to King's, City University, Sussex. If I had continued and retaken the exams and got AAA, I would have had a go at applying to Oxford. Might as well apply if you got the grades I thought.

So I'm going to start again God-willing this September and try and make sure I revise early and do my best. Problem is this silly government has scrapped January exams. So it'll just make people complacent until May when they'll start some frantic revision. I'm gonna try and revise as I go along.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phil Dunphy)
    This week I plan on not doing much, just getting stuff prepared for next week... Would you say its ok not doing too much this week and starting properly next week. Next Tuesday is exactly 5 weeks from my first exam. I plan on starting Monday 8.

Here's my exams:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 17.31.03.png
Views: 127
Size:  103.9 KB

Here's my plan for this week:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2013-04-03 at 17.29.30.png
Views: 126
Size:  47.9 KB

Next week I am going to plan it out like:
    09:00am-10:30am - History U1
    10:30am-11:00am - Break
    11:00am-12:30pm - Politics U1
    12:30pm-13:00pm - Lunch
    13:30pm-15:00pm - English Lit
    15:00pm-15:30pm - Break
    15:30pm-17:00pm - History U2
    17:00pm-18:00pm - Tea
    18:00pm-19:30pm - Politics U2
    19:30-00:00am - Rest

On Sundays I plan to do a past paper for each exam.

Would you say I could achieve AAA by working 7.5 hours a day (exc. Sunday) next week?

Feel free to share your plans.
    No- it's not a great plan. Your slots are too long.

Do 30 mins on 15 minutes rest and repeat 4 or 5 times then take about a 2 hour break then repeat another 4 or 5 times... it flys by and youve done about 6 hours of effective revision

ReputationRep:
    Do one subject a day! I do law a2, and my plan is too memorise one topic a day and complete all exam questions on that certain topic. I did this for my AS June exams for 2 weeks and got a B in my main law exam.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.