The Student Room Group

Do I still get a grant in 2nd year?

Hey,

I've just completed my student finance for my second year. For my first year I got a grant of about £2800 but when I just sent off for it it only mentioned my tuition fee loan? I'm not applying for maintenance as I'm living at home. But does this mean I won't get my grant for year two or will it come automatically?

Thanks
Laura X
You have to apply for maintenance loan, and put it at £0, and have your application as income assessed.
Sorry to interrupt, but do you have to apply for student finance each year?
Reply 3
Original post by Knalchemist
You have to apply for maintenance loan, and put it at £0, and have your application as income assessed.

Yeah I've requested £0 and its based on household income. I can't remember if I had to do anything separate for a grant last year or whether I'll just automatically get it again because I got one for my first year?X
Reply 4
Original post by Serpentine111

yes
Original post by Serpentine111

Yes you have to apply each year.

Original post by Laura_1994
Yeah I've requested £0 and its based on household income. I can't remember if I had to do anything separate for a grant last year or whether I'll just automatically get it again because I got one for my first year?X

Yes it should be absolutely fine then. It usually says N/A anyway as it cannot determine exactly how much you'll get until the evidence has been looked at. You'll get a notification of entitlement shortly with everything you're entitled to through the post.
Reply 6
when's the deadline for student finance, if going to the second or third year?
Reply 7
Original post by Knalchemist
Yes you have to apply each year.

Yes it should be absolutely fine then. It usually says N/A anyway as it cannot determine exactly how much you'll get until the evidence has been looked at. You'll get a notification of entitlement shortly with everything you're entitled to through the post.

Thank you!:smile:X
Original post by eyre2
when's the deadline for student finance, if going to the second or third year?

Hello eyre2

For continuing students applying to Student Finance England the deadline is 28 June 2013.

(For new students the deadlines 31 May 2013)

:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by The University of Sheffield
Hello eyre2

For continuing students applying to Student Finance England the deadline is 28 June 2013.

(For new students the deadlines 31 May 2013)

:smile:

Thank you for your reply, you get a positive rating :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending